Honaker vs george wythe

litltiger

This is the State Championship and both teams will come to play. I think this game will come down to conditioning in the last quarter. Honaker has proved to me that they are well conditioned, and GW is likewise, but which one of these two is the best conditioned? Come Saturday, we will find out. What I like about both of these teams is that they never quit playing. Honaker could have turned in the key at the end of the first half and said we have had a good year, but they came out fighting for every inch, and in the end I think conditioning proved to be on Honaker's side. GW is good but I have to go with Honaker in this one Honaker 31--GW 24

not...GW wins..............hoping for tiger win.........but .........not....... GW wins....if honaker wins......i'm gonna say it again...........clintwood laid an egg....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not...GW wins..............hoping for tiger win.........but .........not....... GW wins....if honaker wins......i'm gonna say it again...........clintwood laid an egg....

I saw GW in their scrimmage against Richlands. They looked plenty big and fast to me. I will be pulling for the Tigers this Saturday.

Get there early for this one! The good thing about this game is that Southwest Virginia will have a STATE CHAMPION either way! This is a win-win situation for all of us. This is another game where I hate to see any team lose because both schools represent the pride of SWVA football. Good luck to both Honaker and George Wythe. My heart goes with Honaker but my "gut" goes with the Maroons.

One thing is for sure ... the D2 championship participants (East schools), and their fans, will get a good look at how the fans from SWVA support their schools. Although I expect Goochland and Essex to bring nice size crowds, in no way will it match the crowd size from the D1 game.

Again, good luck to Honaker and George Wythe!

My prediction in a close one ...

George Wythe 27

Honaker 20

redtiger,

To reply the statement of Honaker having a size advantage. If that is what Honaker is banking on to carry them through then they will lose. If GW is healthy, which i dont know. Honaker can out size but not out physical GW. Ask Fort Chiswell what size gets you against GW. 28-7 and FC didnt score until there was less than a minute on the clock in the 4th. Please remember, FC was the #1 seed in D2 West and had plenty of size. Seeing Honaker and Clintwood both play this year. Hands down, Clintwood was the better team. But if you lay an egg, you lay an egg. Anybody can be beat at this stage if they beat themselves. FC compares to Honaker alot in the passing area I think.

YouTube has a link for the FC vs. GW game:

I think Hubbard will try to lean on Honakers size but no doubt Honakers passing game will be the big difference. It wouldnt suprise me if Honaker worked with an extra Tackle alot of the game(for running and pass protection).

Gw is a very physical team

I think Hubbard will try to lean on Honakers size but no doubt Honakers passing game will be the big difference. It wouldnt suprise me if Honaker worked with an extra Tackle alot of the game(for running and pass protection).

Gw is a very physical team

Don't think Honaker out-sizes GW! Both teams will be equal in intensity IMO!

Neither team will back down and both will be very physical!! Isn't that how we roll in the WEST!!!

After reading the post let me say one thing that is not about the game one said that they do the set location to stop home field advantage that does not always work or help the one yr Richlands played at liberty the team they played dressed at their own school and came to the stadium they where something like ten mile from the field and the blues out numbered their fans three to one. But about the gw game the team I think that is the closest to them in size that honaker played this yr is the blues and we all know how that turned out. Gw sure dose not have a 144 lb starting guard like what they saw Saturday. Also Essex did not put any pressure on the qb that will not be the case this week and like somebody said they have 3 fast rb not just one. Your beloved coach will beat you gw can be stopped but all true tiger fans know a team can run a 21 dive all day and he will not pull a lb up. You d plays off the ball to much ask clintwood if you let their backs out in space they are gone but the rob from gw will not spin around you they will run you over. Gw by 14 and that's because I'm pulling a little more for the tigers they to are closer to me than gw.