Graham v Richlands

bgwahoo

How do you think this one will go? All 4 teams will be playing at GMS today in a quad. Should be a good crowd for four great games. I have Graham winning by a small margin, the games with Richlands are always close.

Don't see the boys hanging with the speed GHS has, especially with the presence down low (6' 4"). Todd McGlothlin WILL NOT be playing for RHS this year, and that is loss especially after losing Johnson (23-16) per game.

The RHS lady's shouldn't have an issue with Raban's rebuilt team this year.

Hoping RHS gets the sweep over their old SWD foe.

I would agree on the girls. Richland's Juniors & Seniors > Graham's Freshmen & Sophs. But the Graham pipeline is full of younger girls who have the potential to be very good for quite a few years. Varsity 2 Seniors, and a ton of Freshmen. JV has 5-6 8th graders. 6-7 & 8th grade teams are solid.

Varsity Girls

Richlands - 55

Graham - 36

FINAL

Scoring for Blues--

Allen-10, Ashiq-5, Casey-2, Compton-2, Davis-7, Hearl-13, Richardson-16, H. Alley-0

Hearl was 9 for 9 from the FT line

No scoring given for the G-Girls

Life has many choices---eternity two

The McGlothlin's are big blue supporters no matter what, that is very admirable of both of them. They have been nothing but a blessing to all the athletic programs at rhs. As far as I know, Todd will not be playing varsity boys basketball this year because of "injuries he acquired this football season."

Looking past Bluefield?

Honestly, I don't even know when they play Bluefield. Friend of mine called me and told me they play Floyd on the 27th.

Have some ties to Floyd County, plus they have a kid "Caleb Tanner" who can shoot the lights out. Love watching that kid play.

Edited by futbolking

Are they still broadcasting on Star95?

Bluefield? Not sure. Their first games is Tuesday night, I'll let you know. BTW, they've finally moved all of Bluefield's home games back to the Armory, instead of BSC & BHS.

Nope, just hoping to forget about that one. Will be a blowout, as usual...

I think its going to be closer than usual. 2 big match ups really excite me. Tony Hood (Graham) and Lykel Collier (Bluefield) are two big time point guards. They can really play.

Colby Hill (Graham) and Anthony Eades (Bluefield). Eades can really shoot the lights out if you give him a little space. Hill can do anything you want whether its driving, shooting, or passing.

I think it will be a closer game than we have had in the past.

Does Graham have three games this week?

I thought I read somewhere that the G-Men faced Richlands and then Bluefield. Hopefully, Graham will blow past Richlands again; however, I doubt the G-Men have the talent to match the basketball Beavers. Glad to see Graham's tough non-district schedule in hopes of preparing for the, as usual, tough MED. How will the G-Men fair in this years MED?

I thought I read somewhere that the G-Men faced Richlands and then Bluefield. Hopefully, Graham will blow past Richlands again; however, I doubt the G-Men have the talent to match the basketball Beavers. Glad to see Graham's tough non-district schedule in hopes of preparing for the, as usual, tough MED. How will the G-Men fair in this years MED?

I'm going to say 3rd or 4th... behind Galax, Grayson....possibly behind Fort Chiswell... They lack an inside presence. Grayson and Fort will physically outman them....Galax may be the best all around team in the district this year.

I can't wait to see them play Floyd County and Caleb Tanner...Tanner is averaging 30+ per contest and recently scored 39 against Pulaski County....

http://www.valleysportsnow.com/school-sports/three-rivers-district-sports/floyd-county-buffaloes/12464-floyd-county-holds-off-pulaski-county.html

Edited by futbolking

Not so sure about Galax this year. Their lack of experience after losing all those seniors last year and lack of inside game currently has them at 0-3 (Pulaski County twice & Carroll County, they open season with 4 AA teams which I think will help them). They have a bunch of guards and still need to gel. They just got back one of the Peoples brother and that experience will help. They could be a nice surprise later in the year but they are far from the Galax team of the past two years. They need a year of experience.

12/11 @ Richlands

12/12 @ Giles

12/14 @ Bluefield (WV)