gun control buzz already going...

Lance

just clicked over to CNN for a few min...i don't watch the news really anymore, it makes me sick.

but..just wanted to see what was up this morning in the wake of what happened last week...and there within a 15 minute time frame I heard the lady say "some people blame the NRA for what has happened in CT"....really?

Then..Joe Leiberman is on there saying "we need act fast before the impact of this tragedy passes and the emotional tensions are lowered"...really?

I'm going back to not watching the news again.

CNN's coverage of this incident was hypocrisy at best and evil at worst.

CNN plastered Don Lemon all over this camera this weekend in a thinly-veiled attempt to get him some notoriety from the occurences. Don Lemon went over the top to say "we will only say the victim's name once, for the journalistic record", yet that's how he led off every single segment of his...with the shooter's name FIRST. Then, CNN flips it over to press conferences where the shooter's name is repeated numerous times.

Lemon further stressed the need for calm and togetherness, then promptly took the soapbox to advocate tirelessly for gun control. When a pastor...A PASTOR...questioned the need for gun control, Lemon got very defensive and confrontational...again, with a man of the cloth.

Lemon also took the opportunity to reveal the contents of a letter written to him by two of the townspeople that detailed his "caring" nature about the events that happened. And he revealed it on national television. If there's a bigger ego-stroking tactic, I haven't seen it.

On a scale from 1-10, CNN earns a -37.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religion affects our morality, morality affects our social Mores, our social mores become our Laws.

The same can be said of the following.

Religion affects our morality, morality affects our social mores, our social mores affect our actions.

The religion of a nation ultimately determines the laws and actions of it's people. The "religion" of America is not as it once was. We have a culture problem, we are a sick society! We are a reflection of the religion of the day, which could aptly be described as Moral Relativism-Secular Humanism, the religion of the day is ME/I.

This is why this tragedy happened!

Nobody supports individualism more than I do, but I firmly understand that it is unreasonable for people to expect freedom without morality. I contend that the standard by which we base our morality today is not the same standard that we once used in this nation. Hence our decline into the abyss that is human secularism.

Where is the moral compass? What is the source for the principles which guide our society today? I would argue that a large portion of society sets their own principles, they do not use any other standard other than their own emotions or feelings. When we grow to the point that truth is no longer absolute we find ourselves where we are today.

Edited by bucfan64

My question is: are the 10 Commandments really so bad of a thing for people to see and follow every day? Is Jesus such a horrid example, that we should never mention his name? Even if it is inaccurate (which I whole heartily don't believe), would we not be a better society if we seek to emulate Jesus Christ?

I normally am not a Today Show watcher, but this morning they were showing pictures and giving description of the children. I had to turn it off because of the rain that suddenly begin to poor inside.

There are atheists out there who don't believe in God but they mind their own business. Then there are the atheists who do nothing but attack Christian beliefs and try to get their way.

There are atheists out there who don't believe in God but they mind their own business. Then there are the atheists who do nothing but attack Christian beliefs and try to get their way.

i agree...goes both ways.

I know many christians who see atheists as the enemy, arent they the lost?

What we need to do as a nation is find some common ground and stop only seeing our differences. I whole heartedly believe right is right and wrong is wrong. Regardless of where you are from, what religion you believe or dont believe, if youre gay or straight, black or white, whatever. In my eyes the things we most often fight over are very important but in many cases dont have solutions(without someones rights really being trampled on), we need to address the issues we can fix.

I am thankful for this site and that on it we can all fully express how we feel/what we believe without repercussion or restriction.