Ice/snow threat 1/25

Lee County and many in eastern KY and TN going under ice storm warnings now. Rest of SW VA still winter weather advisories. We saw a decent icing event down here last year too. It came very near to causing a lot of problems. I have a bad feeling about this especially with it being windy this tome around

Yep, they're calling for .25 to .5 inch of ice in that area, gonna be crappy for sure. im in clintwood, so im fairly close to that mess. Might get 1-3 inches of snow and .1 of an inch of ice......thinking bout going home early. Everyone be safe.

Back from Lebanon. Almost spun out once, but corrected properly and ended up in my original lane in the direction I was supposed to be travelling. Thank God.

On a special note, the Tazewell division of VDOT should be ashamed of itself. It wouldn't be worse if they did absolutely nothing to the roads. And God forbid you try to pass one of their trucks going 15 MPH, because they will literally run you off the road.

Back from Lebanon. Almost spun out once, but corrected properly and ended up in my original lane in the direction I was supposed to be travelling. Thank God.

On a special note, the Tazewell division of VDOT should be ashamed of itself. It wouldn't be worse if they did absolutely nothing to the roads. And God forbid you try to pass one of their trucks going 15 MPH, because they will literally run you off the road.

460 around from my office to Bluefield, VA was awful this afternoon. There was one lane completely snow/sleet/ice free from Comfort Inn to WalMart, then crap again to the state line. It seems like the pick one short section to clean really well and #uck the rest...

DCVDOT did a fine job on 83 but all of the other roads were in pretty bad shape. Honestly I dont know if there was anything they could have done. It was about as nasty as ive ever seen it out there today.

12" of snow or 1/2 inch of ice, i'll take the snow every time.