Ron Paul

parsons

http://www.inquisitr.com/508908/seal-chris-kyle-attacked-by-ron-paul-on-twitter/

Former Republican Presidential hopeful Ron Paul shocked and offended many Americans today with his comments on Twitter about murdered Navy SEAL and war hero, Chris Kyle. Paul posted a tweet that read in part, “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that “he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.â€

Kyle,38, was shot in the back on Sunday at a shooting range in Erath County, Texas. Chad Littlefield, 35, a friend and neighbor of Mr. Kyle was also killed in the attack. The police arrested, Eddie Routh, 25, at his home several hours after the bodies were discovered and charged him with capital murder. Routh has received numerous death threats and he is being held on suicide watch.

Chris Kyle was known far and wide as the greatest sniper in American military history. During four tours of duty in Iraq, Kyle recorded 255 sniper kills, 160 of which were officially confirmed by the Pentagon. Kyle fought in every major battle of Operation Iraqi Freedom. and he was shot twice and injured in six separate bomb blasts. For his valor, Kyle was awarded two Silver Stars and 5 Bronze Stars.

After returning to America and retiring from the Navy in 2009, Kyle began a successful Security Company and established a foundation to help veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). In 2012, Kyle wrote a best selling autobiography, American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History.

Although Kyle had a business to run, plus a wife and two kids, he dedicated much of his free time to helping troubled vets. Erath County Sheriff Bryant told reporters it was not unusual for Kyle to take vets he was helping on outings to the shooting range:

“This shooter is possibly one of those people that he had taken out to the range, to mentor, to visit with, to help him.â€

While it may sound highly unusual to take a man suffering from PTSD to a shooting range, experienced military veterans have said that Ron Paul is way off base with his remarks. Kyle believed by taking someone suffering from PTSD to the range, they could use familiar skills while bonding with guys who had also experienced the horrors of war.

Kyle’s friend and former SEAL Rorke Denver agreed with the concept:

“While it sounds backwards, I actually think time on the range and using those skill sets in a controlled and safe environment could be a huge benefit to veterans.â€

Former U.S. Army Ranger Sean Parnell spoke about Chris Kyle and his work with veterans on Fox and Friends this morning:

“A lot of people are asking why are you taking somebody that’s struggling out to go shooting. Well shooting for guys like us in the military is a very, very familiar skill set. It’s like taking a basketball player out to shoot hoops, you know. And so, shooting with military veterans that are trying to re-adjust can be very healing, and Chris [Kyle] really used that well to his advantage to help people.â€

“Chris is probably one of the most kind, compassionate people that you’d ever meet. He dedicated his life to helping veterans readjust from combat and that’s what I want people to take away from this.â€

Most people reading Paul’s comments about Chris Kyle are furious with him. They feel that Paul is not only blaming Kyle for his own murder, but he basically called Chris a warmonger. Twitter exploded with a flood of comments condemning Paul for his thoughtless words:

While the citizens of our nation speak out loud and clear in defense of a true American patriot and hero, Chris Kyle, the staff of The Inquisitr would like to express our deepest respects and heartfelt condolences to Chris Kyle’s wife Taya, his two children, and to everyone who loved him. He was a giant among mere mortals. Non sibi sed patriae.

Paul was right. Nobody with PTSD should be on a firing range and probably not in possession of a firearm. I strongly support the right to bear arms- but reason has to be applied- people with known mental health issues do not need firearms.

Looky there, Ron Paul being a crazy old man who spouts off completely inappropriate comments.

He's only been doing it since the '80s.

I almost expect something so stupid from him.

True. I almost didn't post it just for that reason. I guess the primary reason I did go ahead and put it up is that you still have Paul supporters out there who are willing to overlook the fact that he insulted all of our returning servicemen with his "live by the sword die by the sword" comment.

Paul was right. Nobody with PTSD should be on a firing range and probably not in possession of a firearm. I strongly support the right to bear arms- but reason has to be applied- people with known mental health issues do not need firearms.

Agreed. My cousin returned from Iraq with PTSD. It's very real and should not be taken lightly.

Agreed. My cousin returned from Iraq with PTSD. It's very real and should not be taken lightly.

PTSD is very real, but not all PTSD causes people to go Sgt. Pyle in Full Metal Jacket.

That's the rub and the stigma with PTSD. It's akin to the myth that all people with Tourette's go around blurting out random obscenities. Only about 10% of those people do, and only about 10% of people with PTSD exhibit such violent aggression. More often, it causes them to be (1) very subdued, (2) nervous/anxious in crowds, and (3) avoidant.

I say this, having two close family members with PTSD symptoms.

Bullshit. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and have absolutely no feelings of needing to kill soemone. As a matter of fact shooting sports and hunting has become a part of my coping program. Dumb and uniformed statement.

Bullshit. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and have absolutely no feelings of needing to kill soemone. As a matter of fact shooting sports and hunting has become a part of my coping program. Dumb and uniformed statement.

First off, thanks for your service. I am glad that you posted this. In 2008, I tried to like Ron Paul but for every awesome idea he had he had a crazy position that just made him looked stupid. As I said in November, the American people are so uneducated when it comes to voting. The sheep that follow Ron Paul think are some of the worse.

The left is trying to spin Chris Kyle's death into ignorance on his part, which truly shows their true colors. This guy was a hero who helped protect us from the evil guys. Once he returned home he continued to try to help others. He should be celebrated as a hero. Ron Paul can go to hell.

The left is trying to spin Chris Kyle's death into ignorance on his part, which truly shows their true colors. This guy was a hero who helped protect us from the evil guys. Once he returned home he continued to try to help others. He should be celebrated as a hero. Ron Paul can go to hell.

Amen

A first for me to see Ron Paul's name connected to the left.

I vehemently disagree with Ron Pauls statement(s).

However, the Libertarian ideology that Paul promotes should not be attacked, just because Paul, a Libertarian, made the comment.

Limited Govt., Free Markets, personal responsibility are admirable positions and fundamentally American to the core.

Paul should be publicly called out on this and to my understanding he has OR is considering an official statement about the comment. (not saying that this makes it right)

But, then again, as distasteful or upsetting as the statement might be, Free Speech is still permitted in this country, even if that free speech gets a person a lot of negative heat. (Deservedly so, in my opinion, especially in this case)

BTW, since we are asking people to "apologize," why not ask Obama and Hillary to apologize for the death of 4 Americans in Benghazi?

Edited by bucfan64

this is one of those issues in which he is so far right that he's a lefty on this one....

not trying to argue, because it does seem to be a leftist comment, I don't know any other way to interpret it. But then again, that is Libertarianism for you. Some views might come across as socially liberal and some as socially conservative.

Interesting way to view the political spectrum is as follows.

Total Govt. [=====================================] Anarchy

Here is how our political parties line up.

Total Govt.[=======D==R=========================C=======] Anarchy

The D= Democrat R=Republican and the C=Constitution

Both LEFT AND RIGHT are LEFT in America!

Just some food for thought

Actually, Paul's entire political world view, including the isolationist position were mainstream Republican positions from the 1910's through the 1950's. It was only through the election of Nixon, the work of William F. Buckley and Reagan that it became the non-mainstream view it is today.

Edited by Hacker

Actually, Paul's entire political world view, including the isolationist position were mainstream Republican positions from the 1910's through the 1950's. It was only through the election of Nixon, the work of William F. Buckley and Reagan that it became the non-mainstream view it is today.

I actually agree with this..................what is the world coming to?

America has historically speaking held to an isolationist view and most consider this to be a leftist view, perhaps it can be considered so today, but history supports what you are saying.