Any Surprises?

wave316

Still early in the season. Any surprises stand out so far? Haysi is playing really well . Wise Central is not as good as I thought they would be.. Union is getting better each game..

Over on the Tenn side ,Science Hill is a juggernaut.. They destroyed Morristown West last night 42-0.. They should avenge last yrs loss to DB this year imo..

Richlands, still a very good team but I think everyone expected more out of them.

Just how good Fort Chiswell seems to be.

TW over Castlewood surprised me. TW was supposed to be pretty bad and I was impressed with Castlewood.

Central is a surprise

I guess that did seem touchy touchy.  I just find it funny how everyone likes to bash AHS but when they win a game that they aren't predicted to win, the crowd goes silent.  Trust me, if the kids on your local team had taken the bashing that the kids on the AHS have taken you'd be touchy as well.  Then people will say Chilhowie isn't that good.....when they were 2-0 and had beaten Marion.  I have been saying for 2 seasons now that we had some great skill players coming up and everyone said "yeah, yeah, yeah, sure you do"....well, you saw one of them Friday night.  And if we had a staff that knew what the hell they were doing you'd see them both every play.  Odds are, we win maybe 4 or 5 games this year.  Different staff we win 8 easy. It just is what it is. 

Another good surprise is PH. They have started 2-0 and beat Thomas Walker who beat Castlewood.  They also beat Twin Springs who gave Holston all they could handle and Holston barely eeked out a win.  Best of luck to those kids. 

It is good to see PH have a good season, hate to see anybody be as bad as they have been

Yeah, AHS lost a great kid to PH this year.  QB for PH now.  Great leader and player...never even given a real chance by the AHS staff.  Figures. Hope the kid wears it out at PH. 

the ph kid isnt great..js,he cant read the defense and cant hang on to the ball.you can tell his previous team taught him nothing..chilhowie is a not strong team,and your falcon awful are triple the size.our game with them shouldnt have been close as they turned the ball over 6 times..we just have sum things to work on and are not by far the team we could be..we just arent gelling well and it shows. by the time the last game comes around you all will be complaining as usual.nothing new

the ph kid isnt great..js,he cant read the defense and cant hang on to the ball.you can tell his previous team taught him nothing..chilhowie is a not strong team,and your falcon awful are triple the size.our game with them shouldnt have been close as they turned the ball over 6 times..we just have sum things to work on and are not by far the team we could be..we just arent gelling well and it shows. by the time the last game comes around you all will be complaining as usual.nothing new

What you know about football could be put in a thimble and still have plenty of room left over. The PH kid is head and shoulders above your QB by committee. He is a good kid that works hard at his craft. Even with the poor coaching I suspect we will beat the hurricanes. You too are loaded with talent but not coached very well.

Dude, you're talking a whole lot of smack for a team that got beat by a smaller school as well.  You guys whined your way to a smaller classification and now you're still whining.  Dude, it don't get no smaller than single A.  Chilhowie beat you AND they had 6 turnovers.  Quit trying to take your frustrations out on kids from other schools.  That plainly shows you cant stand on your own merits so you try to bring down other people to make yourself look (or actually FEEL) better.  Face the facts....Chilhowie beat you and Abingdon beat Chilhowie...and we didn't get the benefit of 6 turnovers in doing so.  The PH kid is a hell of QB and to use that as a means to slam to AHS is childish. I have known the kid for years and we lost a great player and a great leader.  You do realize this makes you look like an idiot, right?  Let me say it again...you lost to Chilhowie...we beat Chilhowie....the  more you slam AHS the more and more stupid you look.  I have refrained from bombarding this forum regarding the AHS win this past week....but when you come on here rambling nonsense then I have to point that nonsense out.  Peace out.

Dude, you're talking a whole lot of smack for a team that got beat by a smaller school as well.  You guys whined your way to a smaller classification and now you're still whining.  Dude, it don't get no smaller than single A.  Chilhowie beat you AND they had 6 turnovers.  Quit trying to take your frustrations out on kids from other schools.  That plainly shows you cant stand on your own merits so you try to bring down other people to make yourself look (or actually FEEL) better.  Face the facts....Chilhowie beat you and Abingdon beat Chilhowie...and we didn't get the benefit of 6 turnovers in doing so.  The PH kid is a hell of QB and to use that as a means to slam to AHS is childish. I have known the kid for years and we lost a great player and a great leader.  You do realize this makes you look like an idiot, right?  Let me say it again...you lost to Chilhowie...we beat Chilhowie....the  more you slam AHS the more and more stupid you look.  I have refrained from bombarding this forum regarding the AHS win this past week....but when you come on here rambling nonsense then I have to point that nonsense out.  Peace out.

I agree with you concerning Marion's rant and quite frankly laugh everytime I see an Hogoheegee team beat them.  It is my opinion that they only came down to try to pad their schedule and I have been very outspoken about this issue.  On another note, I am sure the PH transfer is a great kid, but wouldn't classify him as a great quarterback.  I seen him play earlier this year and well you have to get a snap to play this game called football.  In his defense, he doesn't have much help surrounding him.  I do, however, wish him the best except against Holston.

I agree with you concerning Marion's rant and quite frankly laugh everytime I see an Hogoheegee team beat them.  It is my opinion that they only came down to try to pad their schedule and I have been very outspoken about this issue.  On another note, I am sure the PH transfer is a great kid, but wouldn't classify him as a great quarterback.  I seen him play earlier this year and well you have to get a snap to play this game called football.  In his defense, he doesn't have much help surrounding him.  I do, however, wish him the best except against Holston.

Crydaddy, we meet again.  I noticed the trojans spanked your boys pretty good? Haha I guess they "wrapped" you up pretty good and that's why you haven't been on here "spewing" your ignorance much lately.  Hey, I agree with ya about the candies hiding from real competition.  We all know the candy canes are sleezy lil men and cant run with the big boys but neither can Holston.  The teams you have beaten has a combined of total wins of ZERO!  We all know the Falcons are back on track and will be the best team in our county.  I just wished we could play the Trojans once again so we could prove it. 

Yeah, AHS lost a great kid to PH this year. QB for PH now. Great leader and player...never even given a real chance by the AHS staff. Figures. Hope the kid wears it out at PH.

He is really good! We are gonna have an awesome season undefeated so far and hopefully it will stay that way for a long time!! We play Battle Friday and u can't wait to crush them! We will be getting better soon out JV team is amazing except for the fact that our best player got hurt when we played George Wyth but we're still really good!! Go Rebels!