Honaker at John Battle

alwaysorange

This is a series that I've really come to enjoy. Great games without the drama. This'll be the toughest test so far for the Trojans. With it being homecoming and at Battle, I'll go with the Trojans in a close one (by a TD or less). Here's hoping for another great game!

No doubt, this will be one of the year‘s best regular season games! I am going to pick Battle in a close one although I hate to see one of these two suffer their first defeat. I actually think that this one could go either way; however, the home field advantage goes to the Trojans. I would love to watch this one but duty calls at work. This is indeed SWVA football at its best!

Good luck to both schools.

In a close one ...

Battle 21

Honaker 18

Battle did just fine in the playoffs last year.  Most teams play their games on Friday nights now anyway.

I do think that the Saturday away game in Honaker led to Battle being a little flat..but that wasn't why they lost the game.

That was their 1st game without Cody Rogers and the offense was completely out of whack and it took them about a game and a half to figure things out honestly.    The offense couldn't move the ball and the Defense that'd made stops the entire 1st half just wore down.   Honaker went to an unbalanced line and started pounding the football and the defense just couldn't get stops as the 2nd half progressed.

Honaker played a heck of a game up there last year.... to say that a Saturday game was the reason for the loss is just disrespecting that team.  

This IMO is one of the best series in SWVA over the past 4-5 years and will continue to be.       Going to be a good one on Battle hill Friday night.    IMO, the Battle line is the only ? on this years team....and we'll find out a lot about it tomorrow night.   It'll give us a good indication of where the Trojans stand with games coming up against Gate City, Lee High and the toughest game of the season in....Union.

battle better get over their Saturday blues if they ever want to win in the playoffs. That's no excuse in my book. Hon 35 Battle 21

Really.... as you can see we have got over it, where have you been all week? In mourning? Our record speaks for itself . Your posts are old, accept it and get over it:) have a great day!!

Jethro, if you're going to troll, you have to first survey your environment. The "in-your-face" troll works well for a little while, but if you're going to troll in the big leagues, you need to be more subtle on websites that are a little more laid back.

For example, you could've rephrased your post as "Battle had its best team ever, and STILL couldn't make the state title game!" It doesn't fall into the "couldn't win anything" trap, because Battle DID make it to the state semis. But it still is grating enough to get more than a few bites in the trout pond.

Let's put it like this.... Battle won more playoff games last year....3.... than Virginia High has won in the last 10 years I'd guess?   All of those years of beating Battle in a row... I've got a little secret for you,   it wasn't because Virginia High had good teams.    Virginia High always has an average team and has athletes...but if we're talking about results,   the bearcats haven't been relevant in SWVA football as long as I've been alive.    The best group I'd guess is the group in the late 80's with Lucky Daggs?    I may be wrong on that name but even they didn't do a whole lot as far as playoffs are concerned.

Going back to last year... Battle is 17-2.       If you want to go back 3 years... Battle is 23-6.           How many years do you have to count back to get 23 wins for Virginia High?    During that time span...how many losses did they have?

Before you bring up Battle's past... I'm from Appalachia bud.....don't go talking about playoffs and such to me.   I've been through more towns because of the state playoffs than you've traveled through in your entire life most likely.

Go troll somewhere else bud, because you're just making yourself look ignorant at this point.

Nevermind..... I did the research myself.   You have to go all the way back to 2009 to come up with 23 wins....and over that time you have 23 losses.

As a matter of fact...you've had 2 winning seasons since 2004 and neither of them were anything close to the success that's going on up at Battle... your best season was 7-4.

Guys... hope that didn't come across as arrogant.   The kids on Battle's team are far from arrogant...that goes for the fan base also.

Just tired of seeing this guy pop up on every Battle thread opened on 2 or 3 sports boards.  

Also, the last thing I want to do is put down the VHS program especially the kids that are busting their butts trying to get better this year.  I Wish them nothing but the best.

Guys... hope that didn't come across as arrogant.   The kids on Battle's team are far from arrogant...that goes for the fan base also.

Just tired of seeing this guy pop up on every Battle thread opened on 2 or 3 sports boards.  

Also, the last thing I want to do is put down the VHS program especially the kids that are busting their butts trying to get better this year.  I Wish them nothing but the best.

He seems to like to troll the battle and blue tornado threads..........jealousy can be an ugly thing !

This will be another great game !  Good luck to both teams and I hope the fans of both enjoy another good SWVA football game !  Hope all have a safe trip to and from the game !

He seems to like to troll the battle and blue tornado threads..........jealousy can be an ugly thing !

This will be another great game !  Good luck to both teams and I hope the fans of both enjoy another good SWVA football game !  Hope all have a safe trip to and from the game !

Who is his team?  I never see him talking about a team he supports.  GED didn't have a team? 

Calm yourself Dixie Chick. Battle will soon be annexed anyways.

I am calm...your the one who is all bent out of shape, and you could only hope they would combine VHS and Battle, then you would have a winning season. Now go chew on that awhile hun, I have got things to do and a big game to go to gotta get there early we are running out of room on the hill:) have a great day!!!!

Great ball game... Honaker just wore down the Trojsn defense with their big line. I said the 1 area of concern was the Defensive front of Battle .. John battle was 1 completion away from being in FG range at the end of the game but Honaker came ups with a game saving INT. I felt all night like whoever had the last possession would win. Credit to Honaker's kids for stepping up. Another classic between these two. Good luck to both as the season continues. Both have a shot to make a lot if noise in the playoffs.

Sounds like the game everyone thought it would be. I was wanting this game to see how battle looked that is a possible match up for us in the playoffs. Good luck on the rest of the season hope to make a trip to the hill and not Roanoke in a month we should finish 7-3 make us around a 7/8 seed may be see you all round 2 of the playoffs the way it is looking

The game last night rivals the Richlands/Union game for the game of the year so far in SWVA IMO. My only complaint is that Honaker waited until the pre game prayer was started to run through the sign... And the band played during the moment of silence. It was so well timed that I'm fairly certain it was planned. Other than that, hats off to Honaker. A Battle- Richlsnds game would be fun to see. Wright and Mance have a good relationship and I wouldn't be surprised if this became a regular season game in a few years.