The Backyard Brawl: Richlands @ Tazewell

Ryan4VT

Congrats to both teams on a well played game with no personal foul penalties (that I know of).  When is the last time that has happened in this game?    Both teams played 4 quarters of good football with no quit in either team.  These kids deserve to be congratulated for showing a ton of class.  Some adults could and should learn from that. 

Congrats to both teams on a well played game with no personal foul penalties (that I know of).  When is the last time that has happened in this game?    Both teams played 4 quarters of good football with no quit in either team.  These kids deserve to be congratulated for showing a ton of class.  Some adults could and should learn from that. 

There were a couple of fouls, celebrations and some pushing after the whistle this go around but no fighting.

Just a good all around football game from both teams. I hope Tazewell can take some pride in the way they played even with the loss. Bad calls will happen, for both teams, you hate to see it but....

Fact is, turnovers will kill you ever time and there was some costly ones for the Bulldogs. Time for a week off and get ready for the Golden Wave and try to finish out the season strong.

The game was what I was figuring. The open week for richlands is coming at a perfect time. U can tell from the game Friday we need to heel bad. Our offense struggles bad without staten. You look what we had out Friday and that explains why the blues played the way they did. The second half u basically had 4 to 5 of your defensive starters out. The long pass play for tazwell to pull to 7 was on a freshman cause zeck was out hurt taz just took the opportunity. Great game and taz played a heck of a game but if the blues are healthy that game has a different outcome.

The game was what I was figuring. The open week for richlands is coming at a perfect time. U can tell from the game Friday we need to heel bad. Our offense struggles bad without staten. You look what we had out Friday and that explains why the blues played the way they did. The second half u basically had 4 to 5 of your defensive starters out. The long pass play for tazwell to pull to 7 was on a freshman cause zeck was out hurt taz just took the opportunity. Great game and taz played a heck of a game but if the blues are healthy that game has a different outcome.

yeah and if a frog had wings it wouldn't bust it's a$$ all the time

Seems like they were several calls against Richlands also? Tazewell fans please don't start with the refs crap. Richlands has taken their load of that for years. Tazewell has a young football team, that can be very, very good.

So try and not run the coach off this time. And BTW, Richlands played without 3 of their top players and still made it 10 years in a row.

Wow get over yourself! No one was starting anything. Believe we all have said that the turnovers killed them. Injuries hurt everyone it not even an excuse. If you wanna go with the injuries route then how about the Tazewell player that has been in the hospital for the past week...

Wow get over yourself! No one was starting anything. Believe we all have said that the turnovers killed them. Injuries hurt everyone it not even an excuse. If you wanna go with the injuries route then how about the Tazewell player that has been in the hospital for the past week...

Don't believe this coach is going anywhere soon!

Hmm... Seems to me nobody on the field could even catch that number 8 for tazewell. That kid has speed and i doubt if richlands had a starting cb or safety they could even keep up with him... Also tazewells QB threw turned the ball over 3,4,or maybe even 5 times.. I lost count. Richlands capitalized on a lot of those turnovers. You take out those turnovers I believe tazewell had it won.. I would like to see richlands have their starters back and tazewell have theirs that way nobody could cry about losing.. McReynolds adds a Whole lot of spark to Tazewells team from what i saw when he played.  Blankenship and him in the backfield would make for a mean combo.....

Hmm... Seems to me nobody on the field could even catch that number 8 for tazewell. That kid has speed and i doubt if richlands had a starting cb or safety they could even keep up with him... Also tazewells QB threw turned the ball over 3,4,or maybe even 5 times.. I lost count. Richlands capitalized on a lot of those turnovers. You take out those turnovers I believe tazewell had it won.. I would like to see richlands have their starters back and tazewell have theirs that way nobody could cry about losing.. McReynolds adds a Whole lot of spark to Tazewells team from what i saw when he played.  Blankenship and him in the backfield would make for a mean combo.....

Everyone has there own opinion...............and thats mine. Don't matter Richlands won the game anyway. A W is a W.

Personally with everyone healthy and that game is played 10 times the blues win 9 of them.

That's funny.  Richlands would have beaten Lord Botetourt if they hadn't scored so many touchdowns. 

Look, turnovers are part of the game.  The defense has a lot to do with turnovers, so do us all a favor and show some class.  Tazewell got beat.  Richlands was the better team.  Suck it up.

That's funny.  Richlands would have beaten Lord Botetourt if they hadn't scored so many touchdowns. 

Look, turnovers are part of the game.  The defense has a lot to do with turnovers, so do us all a favor and show some class.  Tazewell got beat.  Richlands was the better team.  Suck it up.

I have read the article that you quoted and replied to with the above post....  And I don't see anything he had posted that would show him classless! Think you may need to go back and read what he posted other than what you thank he posted! His opinion of the game means he has no class? His opinion of the game was facts...  Turnovers lost the game for the Bulldogs, they had Richlands beat in rushing and passing yards and first downs...... So yeah Tazewell lost the game due to turnovers! 

So yeah Tazewell lost the game due to turnovers!

I wonder who caused those turnovers?  Pressure on the quarterback caused those turnovers.  It's called FOOTBALL.    When you lose, lose with class.  Congratulate the other team, and move on.  That's called "class".  Don't make excuses, don't blame refs, don't blame your own team or the players for the turnovers when the other team had as much to do with the turnovers as they did.  Yes, I thought his comment lacked class.  Yours does as well.  So suck it up, admit you were defeated by the better team, and try and beat your next opponent.   

I wonder who caused those turnovers?  Pressure on the quarterback caused those turnovers.  It's called FOOTBALL.    When you lose, lose with class.  Congratulate the other team, and move on.  That's called "class".  Don't make excuses, don't blame refs, don't blame your own team or the players for the turnovers when the other team had as much to do with the turnovers as they did.  Yes, I thought his comment lacked class.  Yours does as well.  So suck it up, admit you were defeated by the better team, and try and beat your next opponent.

That's the thing Richlands wasn't the better team!

That's the thing Richlands wasn't the better team!

Wasn't the better team? Dude, what are you drinking? Tazewell has won what 8 games in the last 10 years, OK maybe a few more, but I'm close. Even when we are down, Tazewell cant win the game. And BTW, TAZEWELL had the rudest bunch of fans. Cool display of the fans outside the stadium flipping our buses off also. Joke!