11/15 Score Updates

Ryan4VT

It's amazing what kind of psychological edge running the opening kickoff back for a touchdown gives a team. Haysi did it against Honaker and now Va High did it against Gretna.

I'm going to give the early edge to Va High next week. Kiser is doing great at QB for Va High and I'd have to say, by the sound of things, Richlands didn't dominate against Graham.

Who knows, but I bet it will be a good one!

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports6m

FINAL: Monticello 35 Rustburg 28. Monticello travels to Northside next week

Jim Saccoâ€@Sacco_BHCSports7m

Virginia High's postseason record since 1970 is now 5-13. Beat Gretna 45-40 for first playoff win since 2004

Jim Saccoâ€@Sacco_BHCSports2m

RT @jodibinva: Gave it your all boys! Radford 29, Holston 21, game over

Great State

It's amazing what kind of psychological edge running the opening kickoff back for a touchdown gives a team. Haysi did it against Honaker and now Va High did it against Gretna.

I'm going to give the early edge to Va High next week. Kiser is doing great at QB for Va High and I'd have to say, by the sound of things, Richlands didn't dominate against Graham.

Who knows, but I bet it will be a good one!

Could be completely wrong but I could see VA High with another upset next week...

Haysi is going to have their hands full next week. If they have bowen back I assume its what team can score the most

Haysi will definitely have their hands full, Peoples is a monster!  Without Bowen it wont even be close.  The way I hear it he was on crutches tonight but was putting some weight on his ankle. Hopefully he will be back and ready to go. IF Bowen is back I expect both teams to score in the upper 30s, just a straight up shootout.

The field was apparently a mess, announcers were discussing the process for the VHSL to decide if a field was in good enough shape to be played on. We will see how the weather is next week. hopefully sunny and windy. Conditions were so bad that Eastside went to a double tights set and a lot of I-Form in the 4thQ(for those that don't know they are a gun 3-5 wide team)

Haysi will definitely have their hands full, Peoples is a monster! Without Bowen it wont even be close. The way I hear it he was on crutches tonight but was putting some weight on his ankle. Hopefully he will be back and ready to go. IF Bowen is back I expect both teams to score in the upper 30s, just a straight up shootout.

The field was apparently a mess, announcers were discussing the process for the VHSL to decide if a field was in good enough shape to be played on. We will see how the weather is next week. hopefully sunny and windy. Conditions were so bad that Eastside went to a double tights set and a lot of I-Form in the 4thQ(for those that don't know they are a gun 3-5 wide team)

The only way to beat Galax is to score 50+. 30 won't do it. Just my thoughts, anyways.

Steven Peoples finished with 349 yards on 35 carries and 5 TD's.  He will be on the sideline tomorrow in Blacksburg for the second time in just a few weeks.  NC State has been in town this week and GA Tech has made calls.  This kid faced 10 in the box all night and still averaged 10 yards per carry on a nasty, wet, muddy field.

2,759 yards & 39 TDs

That's absurd. How does that rank in terms of VHSL single-season marks? Must be getting far up there.

He needs around 80 yards to break Lee Suggs Timesland single season record according to the Roanoke Times.  Keep in mind, he sat out the Floyd game in week two.  This is through 10 games.  

I've seen backs with more speed.  I've seen backs with more power.  Shoot, I've even seen backs that were a better combination of the two (and that's no knock to his speed or power, because he possesses both qualities).  But the thing with Peoples is I've never seen a back run more pissed off.  He just refuses to go down, and runs with a lot of heart.  Very good field vision for a high school back, and just doesn't run through lanes, but explodes thru them with bad intentions.

I've seen backs with more speed.  I've seen backs with more power.  Shoot, I've even seen backs that were a better combination of the two (and that's no knock to his speed or power, because he possesses both qualities).  But the thing with Peoples is I've never seen a back run more pissed off.  He just refuses to go down, and runs with a lot of heart.  Very good field vision for a high school back, and just doesn't run through lanes, but explodes thru them with bad intentions.

He does everything on the football field with bad intentions, and it's usually a good thing for Galax when he does.  There seems to be some discrepancy with his rushing totals from last night but either way, 35-349 or 34-319, pretty good night.  I think the issue lies in a first half run that was brought back for an illegal block.  The run was close to 65 yards to the endzone and was brought back to near the 30 yards line where the block occurred.