Tigers vs Tide

redtiger

looks like mid 40's, 50% humidity, NW winds at 10, no precip. until midnight-ish.

If you see a guy with a Hokies jacket & a blue Grundy cap, come over and say 'hey'.

I'm gonna try to stay out of the press box so I can whoop it up.

RedTiger can you tell me what radio station carries the game? I want to listen to it and we are sure pulling for you all. Good luck!

Anybody know what station the Union and Gate City game might be on? Thanks

I believe 93.5 WAXM is covering Union and GC.

Oh my God, I just did a google flyover of 81 to Haysi and I think Galax should be given 3 points just for making that drive...looks to be brutal on a bus once you get off 81...LOL

I have to go to Clintwood every so often for work. I loathe that drive. 2-lame from Rosedale on, over Big A, and may God have mercy on you if you get behind Grandma Moses, of which there are plenty.

Great people in Dickenson County. Just hate the drive.

From what I understand the young man who was medflighted from the game was ok and it was more of a precaution. It was a back injury.  He was clipped by a Haysi player(the refs missed it). It wasn't dirty, it was very close to the ball. Hustle and aggression sometimes leads to mistakes.  Really hope the young man is ok.  As far as the woman who was yelling, I understand her frustration but with a back injury you don't rush.  I thought the ambulance came onto the field in a timely manner.

Peoples played a great game, over 300 yards and 4TDs(I think). Probably had 35+ carries. Ive never seen a blend of speed and power like he has.  Runs as hard as anyone ive ever seen and is pretty quick.   If they had a passing game or had a speed back to pair with Peoples they would be unstoppable.

Haysi played an incredible game. Bend but don't break defense. Let Peoples have his yards(you cant stop him) and just prevent the big plays. Galax misfired on a couple of passes. Haysi hit Peoples HARD and he kept coming back but by the end of the game he was spent(so were our guys). Offensively Haysi played great. As I expected we ran a lot of multiple WR sets and made Peoples cover. I really think it helped to wear him down. Bowen played and played well today, especially on defense. He didn't carry the load on Offense, very balanced attack from Haysi today. 

The field was in very good shape today, there was some mud but it was thick and tacky, not sloppy.  Some guys did slip and slide a little but its November in SWVA.

Its hard to find problems with a 40-25 win but there were a few. Haysi had some penalties that need to be avoided, and Haysi was in the Redzone 2 other times and came away with no points. Gotta sure those things up if they want to beat JI Burton next week.

Overall a great TEAM effort from Haysi.  and as always they represented the school, community and themselves with honor.

Peoples finished with 339 yards on 45 carries.  

Like I said in another thread, Haysi did exactly what Altavista and Fort Chiswell did.  Forget defending the pass, Galax can't beat anyone throwing the football.  Take away big plays on the ground.  Make Peoples earn everything he gets and take away everyone else.  

Similar games, similar scores, similar teams.

The thing Haysi did that nobody else has done all year was to use offensive sets and personnel that kept the football away Steven Peoples while he was on defense.  He had to pursue the width of the field which aided in wearing him down.  He was not making plays on defense in the second half nearly as effectively as he was in the first half.  

I thought it was a masterful game plan by the Haysi coaching staff.  Best of luck next week.  I am hoping to see Haysi play Fort Chiswell.  

Another SWVA final!

yeah, they'll be OK until they hit Honaker and start seeing those 'Go Tigers' signs and think they're almost there.

Then the curves.

Then Big A.

That'll be FUN

Biggest waste of signage - The "Turn Back Now" sign I saw somewhere between Council and Sandlick.

Yeah, like I'm gonna drive over Hayter's Gap on 80, then Big A, and THEN turn around? Hell, put that sign in Meadowview and I might think about it.

Biggest waste of signage - The "Turn Back Now" sign I saw somewhere between Council and Sandlick.

Yeah, like I'm gonna drive over Hayter's Gap on 80, then Big A, and THEN turn around? Hell, put that sign in Meadowview and I might think about it.

I think the big question is why did you go through Meadowview?  That is about the 10th best way to get to Haysi from Galax

I've just never seen a red Tiger in real life? Confusing...

Good luck tomorrow!

So I guess you're really confused by Auburn's blue Tigers?  Missouri's Tigers?  Detroit's baseball team?  Silver and blue Lions with their NFL team?  Blue and orange Gators in Florida?  Blue Wildcats in Kentucky?  Teal Panthers in Carolina?  Orange and blue Broncos in Denver?  The list goes on and on.  Confusing that people think the teams colors have to be the same color as the actual animal.

So I guess you're really confused by Auburn's blue Tigers?  Missouri's Tigers?  Detroit's baseball team?  Silver and blue Lions with their NFL team?  Blue and orange Gators in Florida?  Blue Wildcats in Kentucky?  Teal Panthers in Carolina?  Orange and blue Broncos in Denver?  The list goes on and on.  Confusing that people think the teams colors have to be the same color as the actual animal.

For me, it's nowhere near as confusing as a Maroon Tide. 

I think the big question is why did you go through Meadowview?  That is about the 10th best way to get to Haysi from Galax

Depends on one's definition of 'best way to get there.' I drove 500 miles, on cruise control, without touching the clutch the day before. I love Hayter's Gap. It's also the shortest way.

For me, it's nowhere near as confusing as a Maroon Tide

Ive got a friend who says the same thing about the Green Wave

that pic is great! That's exactly what the game was like, ROUGH!  it was big boy football for sure.

Hardest hitting game ive ever seen.  Peoples looked for contact all night and the Haysi boys were lookin to put it on him. Add to that a little mud and a beautiful, clear day and it was a perfect football game.