Giles game today

Hokiebird7

Another well played game by Giles today. Once again our speed was the difference and our defense is playing better every game especially in the playoffs. We have a huge test on our hands next Saturday against a very good Brunswick team with a ton of athletes but I have faith in my boys and our seniors are great leaders and their first focus after the game today even before celebrating the win today was brunswick. My hat is off to our few seniors we have...they have done a great job of being true team leaders and I know they will do everything in their power next Saturday to bring my school state title #4....win or lose this have been one of the most fun Giles teams i've ever had the pleasure of watching....we return alot next year but task #1 is finishing this thing out next week against a great team...This week is going to be pure hell on us fans but will be all worth it for fans,players and coaches next saturday around 7:00 if are fortunate enough to get the win

Good luck to Giles, bring it home to the West, I would like to at least to say that the team that ended my high school days won the state championship, I think they will do that. Load the buses up and go to the Stagg Bowl, Bring it home

Me and a couple of old Bearcats made it to the game...just now thawing out.  Had nice convo with several Giles fans.  Was impressed with the field conditions.  Great job by the field crew.  Hope the VHSL lets y'all take that Train horn with you next week and Giles wins number 4...

Will be tough for Giles. Brunswick's two losses were to 3A Lafayette 16-13 and Liberty Christian 49-42. Lafayette lost in OT to Jame Monroe in the 3rd round. James Monroe will be playing for the 3A Title Saturday. Liberty Christian won the D1 VISAA State Title this year. http://www.lcabulldogs.com/index.cfm?PID=19622 As long as Giles plays mistake free I think they can do it.

Nobody said it was going to be easy. I know Brunswick has a hell of a squad and I like to think we do too...one thing going for us is the single wing. You have 4 days to prepare for it(alot easier said than done)....but like most games it will come down to mistakes and penalties at crucial times....I hear Brunswick is quick,athletic but very undiscipined...gets alot of penalties and likes to celebrate ALOT....maybe they will give us a few breaks with things like this and we can capitalize on them....I wouldn't expect anything less than 2 quality teams if you are playing in a state championship. I will be there screaming my lungs out for these boys. As I have said one of the most fun Giles teams to watch I've ever seen.....great bunch of kids too.....showed me alot after the game yesterday when I hear players coming off the field saying "Brunswick.....ONE MORE"....coaches have these kids focused on the big prize and now that it's in sight i'm sure they will do an extra good job this week.....Our seniors have lead this team like few other Giles teams i've seen....Spartan fans will never forget a few select seniors that set a few problems we had mid-season straight....And I told a couple of these kids yesterday "Lead this team like you have all year...End your high school career the way you want too".....I think we will be ok