Richlands video I stumbled across.

Jason

Nice view of Ernie,  thanks for the vid !

Does anybody from here ( Richlands )  know what the construction at the baseball field is ?  I have heard every type of rumor,  from a water leak to a practice field so just wondering if anybody has an ideal.

Nice view of Ernie,  thanks for the vid !

Does anybody from here ( Richlands )  know what the construction at the baseball field is ?  I have heard every type of rumor,  from a water leak to a practice field so just wondering if anybody has an ideal.

It will be the new softball field. The existing field was too big for softball, so they decided to dedicate it to a new field for the girls. 

Thanks Ryan.

I am glad to see the girls get their own field now,  but in a way I hate to see the baseball field go from a sentimental point of view.

I was on the 76 baseball team for Richlands that helped build that field.  That was the 1st year Richlands had a baseball team in several years and we didn't have a field to play on.  That 1st year we had to play all double headers and all away games......no home games.

It was kind of fun at first because we got out of school earlier so we could travel and play 2 games, but toward the middle and end of the year it started to get a bit old.  The next year (77, my senior year )  we had a field with a backstop,  but no dugouts.  Just benches on each side,  but at least we got to play some home games !

Anyway,  it is good to see the girls getting their field.