Marion ??????

SWVAFB

If I am not mistaken, the 100+ mailboxes were destroyed on or about Aug 14-15. Rumors began on social media shortly afterwards, and social media also suggested some football players were involved. As I said earlier, as I read, the ones who committed the felonies began to tell on each other, as teenagers often do. The fact of the matter is, "does the punishment fit the crime", period? To destroy one mail box is a federal offense. To destroy 100+ mail boxes is unconceivable to me, especially without those involved being punished by the court system and the school system, with more than a slap on the wrist. Full restitution of the mailboxes to the owner(s) is in order in all cases such as this. When something of this nature takes place and involves our schools student athletes, we as citizens and tax payers expect prompt and just decisions to be made on the matters at hand from the school officials. If I am not mistaken, back in the spring, some baseball players were suspended a game or two for bullying an African American fellow player. In other words, this is not Marion's first rodeo in dealing with suspending athletes for actions unbecoming to the school and the community. I would think that our federal authorities are involved in this case, and I have confidence that justice will prevail in the end.

I do not condone the actions of these teenagers however, I'm glad the high school administration takes action as soon as an incident occurs. I just wish all of our schools in the county had the same reputation.

I taught and coached at Marion for 2 years, I know the current administration. There is no way that they knew about this prior to the Chilhowie game, if they had known, they would have immediately suspended those players.

Those of you who are trying to create something from nothing, let it go. The situation is now under control and the administration acted properly in suspending the boys. Doing what is right is much more important than winning a football game and the administration is more concerned about doing what is right than winning a cross county "rivalry!"

I do not condone the actions of these teenagers however, I'm glad the high school administration takes action as soon as an incident occurs. I just wish all of our schools in the county had the same reputation.

Of course I have no dog in this fight although I must wonder if they came across the mountain and had some bashing fun as well as around that same time our road got hit by some idiots mailbox bashing mine being one of them.  All things aside my question is were students from other schools involved as well or just Marion students?

Lol..I leave for awhile and they jump on my Marion ppl..if your a northwood fan then u know u wouldn't have beat us if they were playing..you just admitted it..we been playing all these teams for years as well..are u from Abingdon..lol

Just some questions about this bothers me.  1. Was this act done on school grounds?  2. Did this act happen during school time? 3. Have they had their day in court? 4. Why would the school have anything to do with this, if the answer is no, to the first 3 questions? I am old school and think they should had their tails blistered along with going back to each place and replace any damages. If it were one of my sons, the school would not have to suspend him, I WOULD!!  Once again the parents need to parent and not expect the school to parent for them!

Lol..I leave for awhile and they jump on my Marion ppl..if your a northwood fan then u know u wouldn't have beat us if they were playing..

Did you go to the game last Friday? I truely don't think the outcome would have been any different.  How many starters were out? I have been told anything from 2 to 6.  Please don't inflate the number of players, that only makes it look like a really bad excuse.

Just some questions about this bothers me.  1. Was this act done on school grounds?  2. Did this act happen during school time? 3. Have they had their day in court? 4. Why would the school have anything to do with this, if the answer is no, to the first 3 questions? I am old school and think they should had their tails blistered along with going back to each place and replace any damages. If it were one of my sons, the school would not have to suspend him, I WOULD!!  Once again the parents need to parent and not expect the school to parent for them!

Perhaps because it is a federal crime? Perhaps because it is a crime period? Destroying property that does not belong to you is wrong under any circumstance. Why does it matter if it was on school grounds or not? You just said you would take care of it and the school wouldn't have to worry about it. I understand what you are saying but some kids "run" their households.

Lol..I leave for awhile and they jump on my Marion ppl..if your a northwood fan then u know u wouldn't have beat us if they were playing..you just admitted it..we been playing all these teams for years as well..are u from Abingdon..lol

I guess maybe you should have called some of the fine lawyers in Abingdon.