Tigers vs Tigers

redtiger

This will be he final regular season match up of this BBD classic. Honaker enters the game 9-0 and on a roll while Haysi enters 8-1 coming off an impressive beat down of Hurley and a walk through win against Harlan Independent. Honaker has been the 1A West favorite all season while Haysi has been flying under the radar all season AGAIN.

Haysi has a lot of weapons on offense and is equally good at running between the tackles or getting the ball to the outside. The trademark of this Haysi team is speed/quickness; FB, RB, WRs and TE can all run with anyone in 1A West. Haysis Offensive Line is solid across the front with size and athleticism.  Defensively Haysi is Strong up front and quick everywhere else, a very solid defensive unit.

Ive only seen Honaker once but from what ive seen they have a VERY good OL, a very well rounded QB in Dye who runs and throws equally well, and their RB probably has the best vision of any RB in SWVA as well as being on of the hardest running backs. They have a good group of Receivers and a very good TE #81. Defensively I thought they were very athletic all over the field.

I think Haysi has the speed advantage, Honaker has an advantage in depth, size is about equal imo.

Its gonna be a good one in Honaker!

I predict Red by a TD

I can assure you one thing red tiger... haysi will not be flying under the radar this week. They are showing up on honakers radar like that winter weather storm this weekend. After last year's beating at sandlick, that has been the fire that has drove this honaker team to get back to this point and play a WHOLE lot better game than last year.

Going with Honaker on this one just because they are my home team and I know what this team is truly capable of....with that being said I haven't seen Haysi play since last year against altavista so I can't comment on if they are better this year or not or about the same...I do know that they might have been flying under the radar as far as swva is concerned but not Honakers radar!!!! The beating we took last year was down right embarrassing! We have had this game marked since that night.

I don't think it will be a blowout either way this year but I do think it will be a shoot out. Honaker has too many offensive weapons and from what I've seen on here and in the paper so does Haysi!!

Wish it was Friday already!

vols, thats the wave of the future my friend. In 10 years the only small schools left in far SWVA will be Thomas Walker, Rye Cove, Twin Springs, Castlewood, Honaker and Council.

Tilt, having seen both teams and a lot of football in general this season(more than in any other season) I can confidently say there will be A LOT of talent on the field this Firday, both teams have a lot of weapons and 2-3 main playmakers. Imo this is truly a matchup of the two best teams in 1A West and a match up of top 5 teams in the West PERIOD!

and I completely agree, Friday cannot get here soon enough

LETS GO  BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Tiger. I can't wait either and me and Ryan will be right there with you to watch two powerhouse teams. This game is why we all enjoy the board. When games like this one happen even if it ain't your team......you should be excited to see how it plays out. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win and both come out healthy and ready to battle the East and kick their butts this time!

Im going to this one it should be a good one. Hope the weather is good extended forecast near 70 Friday.

Lol I believe u looked at a tropical paradise for that weather forecast the one I seen a few hours ago had a high of 40 with a chance of snow

weather.com has a high of 38, low of 31 with 70% chance of rain/snow.    

I wonder what the chances are of the game being moved to Saturday?  Much better weather (47/36, 20%) and of course the gate would be much better. 

haysi.....likes to beat honaker..about as much  as beating clintwood,,in my opinion,,,now haysi players, fans, have to travel tiger paw trail to EMATS....where honaker has had this date marked...naker has the size....depth....stout running game,,,,,a TE that can hurt you.... a qb who can scramble, and throw on the run and some good wide outs....i don't think honaker is gonna be "stunned" this year.....ol hubbard has got them lookin, and a waitin....haysi will get passing yards.......honaker will get more.....

Haysi will dominate this game in each aspect IMO. Haysi will spread the field and throw it around with the occasional draw to Yates to keep you honest. Honakers linebackers are big and slow and won't be able to cover the crossing routes when it comes in their zone. I think Haysi will do a good job covering Honakers pass and will definately stuff their run game. I look for it to be about 28-10 or so.

Haysi will dominate this game in each aspect IMO. Haysi will spread the field and throw it around with the occasional draw to Yates to keep you honest. Honakers linebackers are big and slow and won't be able to cover the crossing routes when it comes in their zone. I think Haysi will do a good job covering Honakers pass and will definately stuff their run game. I look for it to be about 28-10 or so.

clintwood hung 27 on nakers starters and we are young.......

Hoping the Honaker Tigers win in this one--I went and watched many of their games in the middle 80's when Coach Hubbard was just starting at the helm for them.  Honaker has always had beefy guys, but I believe they are balanced now in the skill positions to make a good run in the playoffs.

Redtiger... how would you compare haysi's defense last year to this year? I know Yates is a beast but he also had bowen that was a beast.

Haysis D is very similar to last season(only lost 3 starters). Turner has filled in nicely for Bowen(on O and D), hes not the beast Bowen was but hes solid. Haysi has actually gotten great play from their DTs(Wade Turner and Brian Duncan) and the DEs are as solid as they come(Robbie Mullins is one of the best in the West, if not the state). Haysi does miss Tanner Artrip at Corner, we dont have anyone with his ability out there this season but the DBs play very well as a unit. 

Seen both teams play, I think it's going to be a great game. Honaker seems to me to have more depth across the board...I think that will be the difference. Should be a good game. Grundy plays on Thursday so I'm going to try to go and take pics if I can work it out.

I'll go with:

Honaker 35

Haysi 32