Falcons vs Marion

smiley

Good game. No excuses. Too many mistakes. Congratulations Canes. You fought back and won it.

Better game to watch than last year. Good luck in the playoffs. Hope we lost to a state champion or runner up!!

Thanks man you guys have a good team that is the best Falcon team I have seen in many years Good Luck to you guys in playoffs

Yep, too many Falcon mistakes.  Wagner was a beast in the 2nd half.  Plus, AHS kids looked wiped out.  AHS defense stuffed Wagner in the first half.  Why in the world AHS didn't kick a field goal at 4th and 2 at the Marion 5 I'll never know.   That would have made it a 2 possession game and kept the momentum for AHS.  And if you do go for it, why throw it??  AHS had 5 wide set and only needed 2 yards.  Why not do a QB keeper over the 2 best linemen on the team and give yourself a chance.  First and goal at the 3.  Ugh.  But, Marion played a great 2nd half.  Like I said in my prediction...play calling and turnovers.  Go for it on 4th and 2 at the +5 and late fumble that set up Marions go ahead TD. Those were the two major hiccups for AHS.  When it's al said and done, these boys have a TON to be proud of though.  After a miserable last 7 years (average record 3-7 or 4-6), they finish the regular season 8-2 and playoff bound.  That's a lot to be proud of. 

I also went to the game, both teams had their chances. I thought the Marion TD was "lucky" in the first half, I thought I was watching Auburn and Georgia last year. 4th and 30 and they get a td pass that should have been knocked down by the Falcons. It should have been 21-0 at the half. Marion made some good adjustments at the half and then Abingdon coming out on the first possession and doing nothing was a big momentum changer. Wagner is a lot better with #3 on than #20 :) he was really good in the second half. Abingdon going for the 4th down inside the 10 was a talking point before the play with folks where I was at, and I don't mind the decision to go for it. I would have used the QB draw/sneak that worked 3 times on that drive. You get that 1st down or a td and Abingdon wins the game. Marion out physical'd the Falcons in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and that won the ballgame. I enjoyed the game, it was a good matchup of 2 pretty good teams. I would've liked to see them play on a field not so sloppy.

Congratulations Marion ! I would have loved to have been there for this one. I knew it could go either way and from the sounds of it....it could have. We was wondering why Abingdon went for it instead of kicking the field goal but there you go... if they make it they probably win. Its easy to second guess but I think even Mance would have kicked in that situation and he hates to kick.

I'm sure there was many more plays that could have made a different outcome but you just have to say hats off to Marion for coming back and taking what was dealt. Great season Abingdon because you have earned some much needed respect and deserve it. Congratulations Mountain Man and Big O and I wish you all luck in the playoffs!

Canes and Hurricane are feeling good about right now and I am very happy for you all. What a great season !

I want to 2nd what razor said as far as Abingdon gaining respect this year....they have had a really good season so far,  now go win some playoff games......I'll be pulling for you !

Congrats to Marion on another good win.  A come from behind win like this one can sure help propel the boys on into the playoffs.  

Congrats on a really nice regular season and good luck to you in the playoffs !