central@clintwood

cwood78

last regular season home game for the green wave,,,,clintwood, in a rebuilding year, is starting to come around,,,BUT,,,, they haven't beat anyone with winning record....(yep i'm hard on my team)....central, should be good test....

GC over rated . Not. Ask ABington, Richlands, Union, or Lee. All good teams and other ABington with only one loss to the devils no doubt. Against Wise the devils could have started the band and won. Wise really sucks. I think the devil defense is pretty dang good. But if as you say they are overrated then all of SWVA football must really suck which may be the case, but I hope not. Let's not judge Gate City when they play teams that they do not really need to show up to beat, judge them against ABington , Union , and even South - they looked pretty good. Time will tell.

In SWVA,

Giles

Gate City

Marion

Union/Lee/Richlands

(Glenvar is in there somewhere too)

From what I saw GC was about 2 TDs better than Central without Herron, with him they are A LOT better. Hes a great ball player. Im not saying GC iisnt good but they arent state title contenders imo. But youre right yosef, time will tell. I hope to see GC and Giles in Salem

GC is tough year in and year out I have not watched them play ANY this season but I would expect that they are tough again this season however i get what Redtiger is saying There win over Richlands does not look as good at the end of the season after seeing Them get there nose bloodied several times this year and in the past wins over Union, Lee, and Abington would not have been anything to wright home about.

IMHO GC is without question a final 4 team in the west (8 in the state) they will PROBABLY get a home game vs Marion which will answer any lingering questions about GC

That being said it is tough to pick against GC at home

That's alright Tiger you keep getting those cheap little digs in .....lol

Gate City, Richlands, and Marion that you wouldn't even put in your top ten will all be tough outs.

I think you are wrong about Gate City and Richlands.

I am going to mark that post you just made for future reference. I may be wrong but I think you are! 

As for Clintwood vs Central I honistly think Clintwood is the better team IMHO if they were to replay there 3 losses right now they beat Union hands down and at the very least put the fear of God into Haysi and Honaker.

That being said Central will be the best team Clintwood have seen since Honaker while the 2nd half of Centrals season has been tough as nails which can eaither make a team Much tougher or wear them down both physacly and emotionaly

A win Over Central Gives Clintwood a home playoff game and quite possably sets them up for a 2nd round rematch with Haysi which would give Clintwood 1 more chance to get the final win of the series ;)

That's alright Tiger you keep getting those cheap little digs in .....lol

Gate City, Richlands, and Marion that you wouldn't even put in your top ten will all be tough outs.

I think you are wrong about Gate City and Richlands.

I am going to mark that post you just made for future reference. I may be wrong but I think you are! 

i didnt mean to leave RIchlands off Razor, I just over looked them. I edited my post.

At the time I said Marion didnt deserve to be in my top 10 they didnt imo, they hadnt earned it(the only SWVA Top 10 team they had played was NW and regardless of the situation they lost). After putting a WHOOPIN on Union they definitely deserve to be in there.

No don't get me wrong. I like it because Richlands hasn't earned it in a lot of ways but when they show up they can play ball with the best of them. We are young in so many places and had a rash of injuries so they haven't earned it. That being said we have got three of our play makers back including two db's which will most definitely help. Cant wait to watch the playoffs because in my opinion only Giles is a clear cut favorite on any given night. Glenvar is probably somewhere around our 2-6 seeds.

this is the wrong thread for this and im sorry to the Central vs. Clintwood fans but here is how I see it

Giles

Gate City

Marion

Richlands

Glenvar

Union

Central is not a bad team. When they show up to play they can play with anyone. Their losses are to Honaker, Union, Lee, and Gate City. They played Honaker very tough and should have beat Union. Lee and Gate City had little trouble with them which somewhat surprised me with GC. Gate City has some talent on offense but for some reason rely way too much on Herron to make big plays. That will hurt GC in the playoffs. Back to Central vs. Clintwood. This will likely be a very close game and could go to Overtime. Very hard game to pick for me. Think I will go with Clintwood by a 2 point conversion.

Gate City has some talent on offense but for some reason rely way too much on Herron to make big plays. That will hurt GC in the playoffs.

Thats what I was getting at.

Central isint bad at all. Much improved from previous seasons.

this thread has gotten away from Central and Clintwood, thats my fault

If anyone is overrated it's Haysi, look at that weak schedule. Toughest game this year was against a below par Clintwood team. (No offense Greenwave fans). Honaker will be the only quality game Haysi will have played going into the playoffs.

Wait there a second Jethro I said the same thing about haysi last year and they took my tigers to the woodshed just like they did everyone else on that weak schedule. And they made it to the state semi finals courtesy of that weak schedule. They can only play who they are scheduled to play but they are definitely not overrated.

If anyone is overrated it's Haysi, look at that weak schedule. Toughest game this year was against a below par Clintwood team. (No offense Greenwave fans). Honaker will be the only quality game Haysi will have played going into the playoffs.

They played a really good Tug Valley team also.

Toughest game of the season to this point was WV 1A #3 Tug Valley, a double OT loss with 2 two way starters out with injury for Haysi(not an excuse for the loss)

Ok so 3 of 10 opponents.

Clintwood is decent

Tug Valley I'll take your word for

Honaker best team in 1A West by far

youre wrong on that last one Jethro. The best is the West is dressed in RED!  

Lets look at Honakers  schedule; Lebanon, Eastside, Central, TV, Battle, Clintwood, Castlewood, Hurley and Grundy. Lebanon is decent, Clintwood is solid, Central is solid. 

Non common opponents

Orange - Lebanon, Eastside, Battle, Central

Red - Tug Valley, Twin Springs, Thomas Walker, Harlan. 

Haysis schedule is just as tough as Honakers. Neither are what I would call tough

youre wrong on that last one Jethro. The best is the West is dressed in RED!  

Lets look at Honakers  schedule; Lebanon, Eastside, Central, TV, Battle, Clintwood, Castlewood, Hurley and Grundy. Lebanon is decent, Clintwood is solid, Central is solid. 

Non common opponents

Orange - Lebanon, Eastside, Battle, Central

Red - Tug Valley, Twin Springs, Thomas Walker, Harlan. 

Haysis schedule is just as tough as Honakers. Neither are what I would call tough

badddd tiger  badd tiger

Herron played the 1st quarter against Union and GC still won 38-8. He's definitely a big time threat, but the other guys have shown they can play without him. Schedule wise, I'll put ours up year in and year out with any school our size in the state.

Now back on topic, I look for Clintwood to be fired up for their last home game.