1st Annual People's Choice Award

GMan

1st Annual People's Choice Award  

22 members have voted

1. 1. BigWinners: Should he stay or should he go now???

• Stay
    • Go...now...

If you dont want me here, fine. If you guys get so wound up over one poster, then fine ban me and I sure as shit wont try and make multi-accounts to post. 

If the poll shows you want me to leave, fine. 

Because it would truly be your loss. Go read the rest of my posts in the football forum and such, Im a reasonable, knowledgeable poster and yall want to ban me LOL

And when I post about my sports knowledge and such, its not about bragging, I was trying to explain that I have a lot to offer in terms of sporting discussion and can hold my own on any of the major sports. Im not trying to be arrogant about it, I was trying to tell you people that Im not some moron with no clue about sports.

I hate kicking people out. But BW clearly doesn't get that this is NOT the LPD board. We do things differently over here. And the majority of us here are like a little family. You can't come in here challenging everything and doing things your way when we have been doing it this way for 10+ years.

If he can realize that you don't have to be "big man on campus" over here and quit being so arrogant, then he shouldn't go. But, if he can't figure it out......

Kicking BW out May be the dumbest thing that could happen. He's brought more excitement here than anything I've seen in years

We are now allies.

Guys, its okay to rile each other up to an extent as long as it does not get personal. You know 1inStripes, a guy you guys really respect I believe? I know him, and yet I give him HELL if I see he is on the sidelines during a Union game. 

Guru and I have completely different views, but it at least makes it fun to post. No need to be all serious all the time.

Just like winning football games is not in Virginia's wheelhouse :P

You should be thanking us Big Stone guys, we gave you your only Heisman candidate of my lifetime.

(He finished in the top 6 IIRC)

The saddest part about this whole mess?

I have a ton of respect for the UVA athletic program (the university has some black marks from the Rolling Stone article but a lot of that was proven to be false but campus rape is a real issue everywhere and schools need to do a much better job at protecting women). I have a strong dislike for Tech, but I really do root for UVA in football and basketball in every game unless it was somehow against Alabama.. I love Tony Bennett, he is the most underrated coach in the nation, and I had UVA in my Final Four last year. I am on the fence about London, he has recruited well but the team has not played up to their potential. He has a true, no doubt All-American in Quin Blanding, the 5* freshman who came in and was arguably UVAs best player last year. London has landed two top 10 kids in the past two years, with Blanding (who was probably going to Alabama until you bastards stole him :P but we evened it out by stealing Hand), Brown, and Jamil Kamara. This year's class is not as good, it lacks the elite talent that the 2014 class had, but I believe Jahvoni (sp?) Simmons could become a very good player for UVA. He is a hard UVA commit and basically a done deal right? Are there any other highly rated guys that UVA could finish with this year?

But my point is, if we can just agree to disagree about UVA's athletes being as good as UK's, we will probably get along just fine because UVA is a school I always pull for, I've had friends graduate and I've also had a good friend who spent some time on Mike London's staff. 

We also share a hatred of Virginia Tech, I assume you despise Tech too being a Hoo

London has landed two top 10 kids in the past two years, with Blanding (who was probably going to Alabama until you bastards stole him :P but we evened it out by stealing Hand), Brown, and Jamil Kamara.

Oh $hit!!!  This will open up another whole can of worms...

You say that as if you're Saban's daddy...so, just what is your connection to the University of Alabama????

Just like winning football games is not in Virginia's wheelhouse :P

You should be thanking us Big Stone guys, we gave you your only Heisman candidate of my lifetime.

(He finished in the top 6 IIRC)

The saddest part about this whole mess?

I have a ton of respect for the UVA athletic program (the university has some black marks from the Rolling Stone article but a lot of that was proven to be false but campus rape is a real issue everywhere and schools need to do a much better job at protecting women). I have a strong dislike for Tech, but I really do root for UVA in football and basketball in every game unless it was somehow against Alabama.. I love Tony Bennett, he is the most underrated coach in the nation, and I had UVA in my Final Four last year. I am on the fence about London, he has recruited well but the team has not played up to their potential. He has a true, no doubt All-American in Quin Blanding, the 5* freshman who came in and was arguably UVAs best player last year. London has landed two top 10 kids in the past two years, with Blanding (who was probably going to Alabama until you bastards stole him :P but we evened it out by stealing Hand), Brown, and Jamil Kamara. This year's class is not as good, it lacks the elite talent that the 2014 class had, but I believe Jahvoni (sp?) Simmons could become a very good player for UVA. He is a hard UVA commit and basically a done deal right? Are there any other highly rated guys that UVA could finish with this year?

But my point is, if we can just agree to disagree about UVA's athletes being as good as UK's, we will probably get along just fine because UVA is a school I always pull for, I've had friends graduate and I've also had a good friend who spent some time on Mike London's staff. 

We also share a hatred of Virginia Tech, I assume you despise Tech too being a Hoo

I appreciate that.  :)

The only quibble I have is about Blanding.  He was always a strong Virginia lean, and committed relatively early in the recruiting process.  Hand, on the other "hand", was never in play for Virginia, and despite VT being in his final 3, was never even really close to committing to VT.  But please keep Hand...the last Alabama player we took worked out very poorly.

And Chris Long actually got a 1st-place vote in the Heisman race in 2007, and finished 7th overall in the voting.  But we love us some Thomas Jones up at the University.  Was 4th, IIRC.  Just a phenomenal run of athletes from Powell Valley.

I don't really hate VT, and my wife being a Hokie grad somewhat calmed me to them.  I strongly dislike VT's football program, which I deem built on the backs of criminals and players that were far less than student-athletes (thank you, Peter Warrick).  When you have your own United States Supreme Court case, and when the Chief Justice spends 2 paragraphs reaming your administration, you know what you're doing is bad.  As for the other sports, I really feel sorry for them more than anything else.  No matter what, they'll always be fourth-class citizens, and only cared for when the teams are nationally competitive (Angela Tincher's teams, the fraud soccer team, wrestling and T&F during their runs now, etc.).  

I'm happy to put the needling aside, BTW.  It's done, it's in the past.

No matter what, they'll always be fourth-class citizens, and only cared for when the teams are nationally competitive (Angela Tincher's teams, the fraud soccer team, wrestling and T&F during their runs now, etc.).  

I would have to give nearly 100% of the credit for the funding and support of the wrestling program to Coach Dresser. His former successes at Grundy and Cburg have helped him tremendously. He has a pipeline through Christiansburg, and is getting a huge fan base in our area. He has proven three times now, that he can build national powers out of nothing. Not trying to take away from VT's finacial support, but Kevin Dresser is the only reason they are having the success they are.

Now back to the topic. I voted to keep this guy around. It is very entertaining for us old guys to sit back and read all the drama! LOL

I appreciate that.  :)

The only quibble I have is about Blanding.  He was always a strong Virginia lean, and committed relatively early in the recruiting process.  Hand, on the other "hand", was never in play for Virginia, and despite VT being in his final 3, was never even really close to committing to VT.  But please keep Hand...the last Alabama player we took worked out very poorly.

And Chris Long actually got a 1st-place vote in the Heisman race in 2007, and finished 7th overall in the voting.  But we love us some Thomas Jones up at the University.  Was 4th, IIRC.  Just a phenomenal run of athletes from Powell Valley.

I don't really hate VT, and my wife being a Hokie grad somewhat calmed me to them.  I strongly dislike VT's football program, which I deem built on the backs of criminals and players that were far less than student-athletes (thank you, Peter Warrick).  When you have your own United States Supreme Court case, and when the Chief Justice spends 2 paragraphs reaming your administration, you know what you're doing is bad.  As for the other sports, I really feel sorry for them more than anything else.  No matter what, they'll always be fourth-class citizens, and only cared for when the teams are nationally competitive (Angela Tincher's teams, the fraud soccer team, wrestling and T&F during their runs now, etc.).  

I'm happy to put the needling aside, BTW.  It's done, it's in the past.

I had forgot about Long, he was a dominant beast at UVA. 

And yeah sorry bout Sims, he was just a bust altogether.

I hope we can get along better now, I am not here to try and make a fuss or piss anybody off.