Predictions for final 4 NCAA playoffs

RiverRat24

I think I'm gonna go with:

1) Ohio St

2) TCU

3) Auburn (possibly LSU)

4) USC/Georgia Tech <---(dark horse that's not so dark horse)

Auburn over USC. They win the match up they should have got when they had Cadillac Williams and Brown at RB and had to "share" the title with USC.

Hard to tell if Michigan St will show up and possibly put Ohio State out of business. And im also clueless as to whether LSU has their QB conundrum figured out. If they have an average QB leading the way I'd almost put them at the #3 spot outright. And as for me even considering GT....they impressed me last year and they return alot of talent and I always like picking somewhat of a dark horse.

Didn't Clemson lose alot of starters on their offensive and defensive line? I hadn't checked but that's what I had heard. That's why I chose GT over them in the ACC.

Clemson has recruited its lines well. More of a restocking job. They return literally every skill position.

If they get by FSU, they're running the table in the regular season.

GT's defense has always been a liability, which is the shocker, since Johnson's system by operation leads to a rested defense.

Yea GT's defense seems to be their achilles heel every year. Their offense hardly ever sputters. However they looked great in their bowl game to end the season.

That's probably true about Clemson with their Line....just felt like maybe lack of experience would give GT the upper hand.

I didn't even think about FSU in my top 4....just thought maybe there was too much inexperience at QB for them to make it past the other top teams in ACC.

And i noticed you didn't have Ohio State in the mix for the playoff. What do you have going on in that conference for the buckeyes or Michigan State neither one making it?

Yea GT's defense seems to be their achilles heel every year. Their offense hardly ever sputters. However they looked great in their bowl game to end the season.

That's probably true about Clemson with their Line....just felt like maybe lack of experience would give GT the upper hand.

I didn't even think about FSU in my top 4....just thought maybe there was too much inexperience at QB for them to make it past the other top teams in ACC.

And i noticed you didn't have Ohio State in the mix for the playoff. What do you have going on in that conference for the buckeyes or Michigan State neither one making it?

I'm not confident that Michigan State can survive all of Oregon, Michigan, Nebraska, and Ohio State.

I'm not confident that Ohio State can survive the Michigan State-Michigan stretch to end the season.

I am confident that Ohio State will blow the bejeezus out of VT.

I think TCU goes undefeated, and is ranked #1 in the country.

I think Auburn loses 1 game early (at LSU), then runs the table.  SOS gets them the #2 slot.

I think Clemson goes undefeated, and is ranked #3 because LOLACC.  #FTS

I think USC loses 1 of the Oregon/UCLA pair to close the season, and will be ranked #4.

I think Ohio State will end up with 1 loss, and I think Michigan State will end up with 2-3 losses.

Ohio State gets left out because their schedule is CAKE aside from VT.  The SEC and Pac-12 have an overall stronger slate of teams than does the Big XIV.  

I agree with you 100% on the schedule strength being way tougher in the SEC and Pac-12. But with Ohio State winning it last year is there a chance that they get the nod with one loss over another 1 loss team from other conferences? Guess it would depend on how the panel of judges see it. (Cant really remember how they did it last year)

I'd like to think ND can knock USC out of it when they play late in the season but I just don't see it happening. They have a better shot at knocking off GT or Clemson in my opinion except for the fact the Clemson game is at Clemson.

• 2 weeks later...