Greyson Lambert named Starting QB at Georgia

Good grief Georgia must have absolutely no others QB's on the roster if this guy is named the starter....so much for winning the SEC Dawg fans like a lot of people are predicting

He has all the physical measurables. He has just received no coaching. Maybe he won't throw backbreaking INTs with a passable O-Line.

I think the quarterback for UGA this year will be a 'stop-gap' pick until 5 star recruit Jacob Eason out of the state of Washington arrives on campus in the class of 2016.

There is as much hype around him as there was with Matt Stafford's arrival as the Dawgs QB.

In reading the article on DawgNation...this is CMR response...

“There may be other or others who get in the game. But right now the thing that I know that he’ll start the game,†Richt said of Lambert. “Very, very close competition. Still being contested in my mind. But at this point we felt it would be wise to name a starter and get him ready to play in this ballgame. …  We’ll start playing ball that way and see how it goes.â€

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/greyson-lambert-named-georgias-starting-quarterback

I really thought Brice Ramsey out of Camden Co. GA would get the nod but I guess he couldn't separate himself from the mix...

• 3 weeks later...

Tee Martin and Geno Smith held the record Lambert broke. If that is any indication of Lambert's projected path at the next level, he will need that UVA degree.

One of the above did win a National Championship for his school. Just Saying. One thing Mr. Manning couldn't do. Just Saying.