Graham @ Richlands

BlueRazor

My thoughts on that good old fashioned butt whooping:

1- Graham isn't nearly as big, fast and strong as Richlands. G-Men looked scared to death out there except for #17 and #29...both of whom are transfers to GHS

Funny you mention that being that 75% of Richlands are also transfers. The "R" sticker on your cars should stand for Recruiter lol

Funny you mention that being that 75% of Richlands are also transfers. The "R" sticker on your cars should stand for Recruiter lol

54 dressed varsity players. 5 transfers. That comes out to 9%. You were close though. Keep trying. That THS education showing through. ;)

" If you build it, they will come"

I heard a couple of Graham dads last night say they might just bring their boy to Richlands.

When you put down another school, person or idea, it's to try to make yourself feel better about yourself or program. But 15 min later it wears off

Ahhh Ryan, you have to over look comments like he made............that's what losers do, they point the finger instead of fixing the problem ! We don't have to recruit Tazewell, Tazewell recruits for us !

Jeez don't be so sensitive. Was just just trying to have a little fun with you guys. I understand Bigrhsfan, my wife gets sensitive once a month also. ;)

Jeez don't be so sensitive. Was just just trying to have a little fun with you guys. I understand Bigrhsfan, my wife gets sensitive once a month also. ;)

Well....ok then........just remember it happens to me about this same time of the month !

By the way,  I wasn't really responding to just your comment,  just responding to the SEVERAL comments about the same subject,  so yes,  after a while it does get old and I am sure that most of us blues fans feel the same.  I don't usually respond to comments like that unless I joke about it.  Most on here know that about me,  I almost always try to keep it positive about our team and all other teams,  and I will usually joke about all the recruiting comments thrown our way, but sometimes it does get old and it would to you too if it was constantly being said about the dogs because we all love our town and football team and the kids that play !  I think it also does a disservice to all the hard work our kids and coaches put into it.

All the comments about 75% of our team is transfers and so on gets old,  when in reality it's usually no more than most teams.  Like was stated by Ryan,  only 5 kids out of 54.  We are blessed to get some very good players that is true,  but that is because right now our program sells itself.  Kids want to come play here and you can't blame them.

I know how you and others feel,  I remember thinking the same about other programs when the blues were not very good,  teams like Graham, Bluefield, Gate City Salem and so on,  but once your program gets to a certain level,  kids want to be a part of it.   I think all the coaching changes in Tazewell and at Graham has added to that.  Richlands has had a stable coaching staff for close to 20 years and that plays a part.

I think that Graham has turned a corner and has a coach that may be there a while and build a program,  we will see, and hopefully so will Tazewell.........I really do hope so.  My daughter was a cheerleader several years ago for the dogs so I hope they get better.

But you are right,  I think the best way to respond to these comments is to not respond..........now please excuse me,  I need to go change my tampon !

Bigrhs fan I can imagine having all the negativity thrown at you gets old fast. Sorry I ruffled your feathers first thing this morning.

Hey don't apologize man,  I shouldn't have responded the way I did.  I should not have made the "loser " comment,  that was out of line and not like me,  I guess I just read some of the other comments and have read them all year and i finally let it get to me,   I usually just laugh it off.

Thanks Frito Gonzales. I know it must not be an easy thing to do. I know the days are coming when we at Richlands will see the same humbling thing you saw on the field last night. I will do my best to state the obvious about us when that day comes. I have many family members from Tazewell so I will not engage in some of the old arguments. I certainly understand there frustrations. Stu Bean is a very good family member of mine and a great man that loves his family and his Bulldogs. We have talked about the issue of transfers in great detail....So I do understand and wish it was different.

Richlands just happens to have a great team with a field full of athletes this year. Those of us in the football community have known since 2011 this would be a year we could be excited about because of the level of talent we were watching come up since midgets. Last year was a surprise but this one was expected. I'm not naïve.....without a doubt the transfers has made us better but we has fans cannot do anything about that.and have discussed this over and over and once again I understand the hate and frustration from some.

I don't think Graham is as bad as it looked last night. They for sure have some talent on the field and I have know doubt that team will win several games. Like I have stated many times....I pull for Tazewell County first and will be pulling for the GMen to win games!

I agree. Our O line and D line do not get enough credit. They are a very good bunch that's getting better. The skill players get all the glory but this years Blues are very fortunate to have the lines that we do. It is without a doubt in my mind if we make a run this year.....the lines will be the biggest factor in how we succeed or fail.

I dont have a problem in the world with the transfers at Richlands but lets not down play it by saying "only 5 out of 54". How many of those 5 are starters? It seems like every year there are 2-3 kids that transfer in that are starters and that makes a HUGE difference in a program, thats a fact. Who transfered in this year? Howie(sp?) and Blankenship? Thats Richlands #1 RB and top 1-2 WR. Like I said, I dont care(over the years Haysi benefited from players that should have went to other schools(although not many transfers) and Clintwoods run in the late 00s benefited greatly from Pound kids.  

Just dont down play their significance 

I dont have a problem in the world with the transfers at Richlands but lets not down play it by saying "only 5 out of 54". How many of those 5 are starters?

Just dont down play their significance

Good point. It is what it is and perfectly legal. No need to act like the transfers aren't significant contributors.

No it doesnt make a team but its a factor. Like I said, I dont have a problem with it and im sorry for contributing to a subject that has been discussed, in detail, many, many times. And its not 5 of 54, its ___(however many starters transfered in this year) out of 22(probably fewer).  Lets say Howie and Blankenship are the only transfers that start(I have no idea how many there are) thats 2 out of 11 starting Offensive positions, thats 18% of the offensive starters. Its a major factor. 

It just seems as though some R fans want to avoid the obvious impact transfers have had on the program. Thats probably more a result of hearing it a dozen times a year for the past 6+ years and being tired of the conversation than it is minimizing the impact of the players.