Ridgeview/Paintsville

redtiger

Rough game last week for the Wolfpack. Struggled offensively and defensively. On Offense they are going to either move some players around, change their blocking schemes or hope the players can develop within what they are currently doing. The D was unable to keep contain on a very good running QB and this week they face an even better running QB and a team that runs a similar offense.

I dont know a lot about this season but I do know they beat Pikeville and I saw the Panthers on TV and they looked really good.

I expected a tough game last week but I also expected a better showing from the Pack. I really dont know what to think about this week but I dont have a good feeling about this game. Hopefully some lessons were learned last week

The QB we see this week is a step quicker and about 50lbs bigger than what we saw from Central Friday.

IMHO RV will need to limit the big runs by the QB and make them sustain a drive. 2nd they will need to have success on 2nd downs. vs Central We could move the ball when we kept 3 downs to 5 yards or less

Kash Daniel, UK commit, probably be the best all around player Ridgeview will see all season. Paintsville isn't a large school but from what I've read they are the favorite in 1A in the state of Kentucky.

I know nothing about Daniel but you will be hard pressed to see many athletes better than #7 Gavin for Union. I know Mitchell gets most of the praise but in my humble opinion he was hands down the best player on the field Friday night.

He played it all with a swollen hand! It was remarkable. His hand size was probably doubled, hurt it on the first play of the game and suffered a dislocated shoulder just before halftime.

I know nothing about Daniel but you will be hard pressed to see many athletes better than #7 Gavin for Union. I know Mitchell gets most of the praise but in my humble opinion he was hands down the best player on the field Friday night.

Gavin was the go to guy in 2013 as a sophomore, but was injured in the first game of 2014, and I don't think he ever fully recovered. During that time Mitchell stepped up, and I guess everyone forgot about Gavin. He has looked outstanding this year. Also, first year he has played DB. Thought he as done a heck of a job so far. Definitely deserves more recognition.

Against Central, RV was feeling the void left by the lose of Gage Hill. Would this have made a difference? Who knows. RV has to step up and dust off the dirt. One man may lead but he does not make the team.  Sure RV staff is working on moving players and filling gaps.  Pikeville will be a test but not the season.

I think there was still a hangover from not having Hill on the field. This season is about getting comfortable with each other, getting better each week and making the playoffs imo. They have some tough games ahead, but if they improve each week they will be fine.  

btw, PAINTSville not PIKEville

Not having Hill probably was a factor but the coaching staff had the full week to prepare for the game without him. I think RV will do a good job countering Kash on Offense but after last week I am unsure how well that they can move the ball. Losing Hill was a huge loss but you play with who you have and RV needs to figure out how to play with the kids that they have

Ridgeveiw will have another L against Paintsville! Paintsville by at least 21 points. At this time there's not a player in SWVA that is close to compare to Kash Daniel and they have several more as good as anything we have. I hope I'm wrong though.

What happened to Hill? I must have missed something. Is he out for the year?

Knee. His high school career is over.

Youre right Counts but I think the kids are use to Hills athletic ability covering a lot of mistakes, theres an adjustment period and I hope it was last week

I didn't see any home cooking.

I was very satisfied with the Offensive play calling and other than a few big plays for TDs the D wasn't bad.

QB/CB got hurt tonight but I don't think it's too serious.

On another note I wasn't overly impressed w Kash Daniels. Imo he wasn't any better than Yates was last season for Haysi(he is 6" taller and 50lbs heavier). Very good run stuffing ILB, average in coverage. Average as a QB, good arm but wasnt an impressive runner.

Overall the Wolfpack improved imo, some issues were addressed and some new guys have started rotating in on D and I think that's a big help