Postponements

BigO

According to the Galax Gazette earlier in the week, Carroll County requested the game with Salem be moved from Hillsville to Salem.  The game has now been cancelled due to the Salem Civic Center being used as a regional shelter.  The game will not be made up.

Here is the story I posted on the scoreboard thread last night...

excerpt:

With a nine-game schedule, both teams will divide the points they earn on the VHSL Rating Scale by nine instead of 10 to determine their average.

#Timesland By Robert Anderson READ: http://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/forecast-leads-to-lost-game-for-salem-football/article_cfc19595-5560-532a-81dc-07c07cc123ea.html â€¦

I have heard conflicting reports as to whether this counts as a loss for Salem. Common sense says it wouldn't, especially since the game was moved to Salem to begin with (and the huge playoffs hit from eating a loss), but I've heard several reports saying so.

I have heard the same thing, which, if true, is ridiculous.  You can never assume a win but if these two teams actually met on the field this season, Salem could win by as many as they choose. 

Not knocking Robert, but I would've added something that made it "official", like 'according to Salem AD Joe Blow'.

My memory ain't what it used to be, but my guess is some Eastern Shore game has been CCD before and wiped off the ratings sheet. I know they've always tried their best to do make-ups, even if it meant playing Fri-Wed-Mon-Sat.

And I would think both schools agreed to this, so the VHSL really can't force the game to be played.

If Richlands/Bluefield could hurry up and move our game to Monday, I'd be so much appreciative. :)

With your connections to the program...I would think you would be one of the first to know before the media ;)  However, you know Mance...he is all about routine...

With your connections to the program...I would think you would be one of the first to know before the media ;)  However, you know Mance...he is all about routine...

I don't like the moves as it gives a very short week to recover and prep for the upcoming game.  If you moved to saturday then it's not as bad, of course weather is going to be worse tomorrow.  From what I can tell the weather will not be in full swing until after midnight...

Mance and Simon both like routine. But I reallllllly want to go to this game, so a move to Monday would be ideal for me. 

Bland County at Montcalm ppd tonight. Will play Monday at 6

(Sorry, stubean should have quoted you...brain misfire :)

MAKEUP: Christiansburg at Cave Spring football will be 7 pm Monday.

(rvtne214 posted this under score updates earlier but thought I would put it on here also)

great state