Who's the best?

Swvafan72

Oh jeez, this is just setting up for each fan to pick a player on their team and say them.

I say we only pick players on opposing teams.

For the non-Union players I've seen, the best have probably been Asbury from Richlands (yes he made some crucial mistakes with the INTs, but the kid can flat out spin the ball. Excellent QB), and Richlands #52, I don't know his name, I only know he was making hell for Union on offense.

For the Union players, the best offensive player this year I would say is Noaks, and the best defensive player is J. Stidham, but there are several other players that could be mentioned. Mitchell, Gavin, Summers and Spears at the offensive skill positions, J. Stidham on the OL, and on defense, you've got Dickenson, Barnett, Noaks, Gavin, L. Stidham, Summers. I feel like Union is really a team that is the sum of their parts, and while we have some top-level elite athletes like Mitchell, Noaks, and Gavin, the Bears would not be as successful without a good offensive line and a great QB. In the second half of the Richlands game, against arguably the top defense in SWVA, the Union offense found a lot of success running the ball, including the game winner in OT.

And on defense, its truly a unit with 4-5 standouts and a group of kids who fly to the ball and have a knack for making big plays.

For Graham, Dante Vineyard (#29) for sure.  He is one of the few Physical players that Graham has on defense.  I wish they all had his attitude and effort.

Yes I agree futbolking.......I thought he was very physical and very good instincts. Fine football player there

# 5 for Bluefield is a man on both off and def. #1 for Bluefield I think was playing really bad busted up in the 4th quarter vs. Richlands he should get a purple heart for his effort. At least half of the Union team was limping and walking all humped over against us but sucked it up and played like men #7 really sticks out. #17 for Graham could play on any team in SWVA. Collier from GC. #7 for Virginia High was great and the QB was little but tough as nails. Central QB was really tough also. Union is the team I would least like to face again, and one of their best players didn't play. We played a flawless game against Graham they are a better team than showed up against Richlands. If we played them again it would be a much different score. 

I've seen a lot of talent this year from many teams, when you are talking the best you have to start at the Richlands defense. the linebackers (Addison,Wade) are playing really well, and the d line led by 56(Holmes) who always seem to be in the backfield causing all kinds of issue's for the offense. Then of course you have the Union offense aside from the turnovers and penalties in the blues-bears game that offense was pretty tough. I look forward to seeing those two play again.

Defensively for Union, J. Stidham. He is a beast. He attacks every team he faces.

Overall, it would be close between Richlands and Union, but I think Richlands defensive is the best. Bryce Wade #27 is a hard hitter and play maker. An amazing linebacker and fun to watch every game. #56 Austin Holmes has all the coaches attention.  Richlands coaches said Union wanted to know who was #56 because he was wearing them out in the backfield. Big playmaker, especially for a lineman.

#5 for Bluefield was extremely tough, and Collier for Gate City.