Can you appeal a player ejection?

futbolking

If anybody ever had a case to appeal an ejection, Graham has a case. . . I saw him clapping in the other kids face after a Graham touchdown. Although this certainly should merit an unsportsmanlike penalty. . . Does it merit an ejection? I don't believe he had a prior unsportsmanlike penalty? I thought that was reserved for things like throwing a punch or kicking a player or body slamming somebody, but for clapping too aggressively? Come on, man. . .what gives? Anybody know if it can be appealed? Am I off base thinking the punishment was too harsh? Graham has had way too unsportsmanlike penalties this year. Maybe this will be a wake up call to play with class all of the time.

You can appeal ejections but the VHSL will never reverse course on it's decisions.  A Galax player was ejected a few years ago for allegedly throwing a punch during a scrum for a loose ball.  The coaching staff caught the "punch" on video and submitted it to the VHSL.  The response was classic VHSL.  The video clearly showed the punch coming from a player from the other team.

They admitted a mistake was made and the wrong team/player punished for the incident.  They cound not, however, "reverse the decision of it's in-game officials".  The kid was punished for something he didn't do and missed the following two games.

What we are talking about is simply a case of poor judgement. You can't get the paste back in the tube, but if the principal won't agree a little peer pressure from the other schools in the district may help. If he still dosen't agree about 6 months of a very cold shoulder from all the other principal just may send a strong message to the guy that they are all in this game together; If he won't play ball, he better not need a favor from anybody in that district. It all about the kids folks; They are going to make mistakes in life, but principals should not act like children. Lessons have already been learned by this student athlete.