Abingdon @ Richlands; SWD Title Game

V-Cats

Big O I feel your pain, been there many times.  Don't know Parson from the man in the moon.  But go back and read his post your talking about not having certain players.  I really think this has been taken out of context by several people.  Your question was why Richlands fans thought the out come of this game would be different than last year.  His answer was to tell you the difference in receivers this year vs last.   We only had a couple last year that were major threads.  Hats off to Abingdon they out matched us last year.  This year we had 7 players catch passes last night. Really think that this has been miss read, even the Poca transfer to Tazewell  must of read it wrong, he came up with something from outer space type of comment.

My honest opinion of the that particular penalty at the time it was called and also today was that it should have been a no call, now that is just my opinion. I know by the letter of the rule it may have been, ( I was the one to put the link up that shows the rule on post 250 ) and I say, may have been a penalty because from where I was sitting I really couldn't tell, I know several of my fellow Blues fans probably disagree with me, but I know if it would have went against us in a similar situation I would not have liked it.

But it had no bearing on the out come of the game. Maybe we kick a field goal instead of a td, there is no way to know, But in the 2nd half, the Blues just lined up and manhandled Abingdons D and ran it at will so the score may have been a TD less for us or maybe Mance leaves our starting O in there longer in the 2nd half and we score then..........who knows and who cares.

The game is over and we have a winner and now it is time to move on to next week !

But...........I would like to know where the 2 bird brain fans are.......Falconman and Southbound...........no victory taco's for you !

I think I may be the biggest complainer about officiating (one game the Bluefield game). I even think it should have been a no call, yes it could technically have been called but I would not have called it were I a ref. I think that if the Abingdon coaching staff is really telling the DBs to play the pass like that then they will get a few more of those calls. A defender should always turn towards the ball even if at the last second unless they are burnt and just trying to make up ground.

I think I may be the biggest complainer about officiating (one game the Bluefield game). I even think it should have been a no call, yes it could technically have been called but I would not have called it were I a ref. I think that if the Abingdon coaching staff is really telling the DBs to play the pass like that then they will get a few more of those calls. A defender should always turn towards the ball even if at the last second unless they are burnt and just trying to make up ground.

That is a good point about how they are being taught to defend that.  I know we were always told to not look back until we saw the receiver look back and then look for and find the ball and make a play of one type or the other,  but do whatever we could to prevent a TD.  

A few of my observations from last night:

Richlands is a very, very good football team.  Size, strength and quickness was superior for Richlands.  Abingdon has a relatively young team and an additional year in the weight room will definitely help the Falcons compete better next year.

I think the pass interference call against Abingdon late in the 2nd quarter changed the momentum.  It didn't affect the final outcome, but I do think the margin wouldn't have been as large if not for the call that kept that drive alive.  I had an excellent view of the play and don't think it was a penalty but I am biased as well.

I think (hope) that the atmosphere last night will help prepare both AHS and Richlands for the playoffs in a few weeks.  I doubt that our first round game, wherever it may be played, will be as electric as last night....fans from both sides were loud and passionate.  I do wish Richlands well in their playoff run....you all have an outstanding team. I will be supporting the Falcons wherever we play....still proud of our players.

Mountain Man......you seem very interested in the paddle issue from Animal House.....maybe you should "think about it"  :)

Finally, I think I jinxed the Falcons last night.  I ate at Taco Bell across the street before the game.  Failed to consider that it might have been the preferred establishment of Falconman and Southy......bad karma to begin the night.  Should have gone to Long John Silvers but was outvoted.  I may well become the inadvertent target of Falconman by upsetting the apple cart for having tacos before the game....LOL.  I guess I can handle the heat.

After 280 replies, I have nothing to add to this conversation. I do have the blueberry pancake mix to share. LOL!!!

Blueberry Pancakes
(4 servings)

- 1 jar Blueberry Pancake Mix
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg - beaten
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil

In a large bowl, mix the milk, egg and oil. Add the pancake mix to the wet ingredients and and mix until just combined.

Heat a skillet or frying pan to medium-high and give it generous coating of cooking spray. Dollop batter in 1/4 cup amounts to make each pancake. Cook until edges are dry and middles are filled with bubbles. Flip and cook the other side to golden brown (about 2 or 3 minutes per side).

Serve with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!