Rowdy Rebels VS. The Mighty Maroons

Mr. RealTalk

PH is having a solid year but I have to go with GW on this one as well.  It will be interesting to see if the Rebels can win at least one playoff game this year......I hope they can.

Don't count these boys out so fast.  They have stepped up to the plate this year.  If the defense plays good then I think we will be there in the end.  The offense has weapons on the outside.  Not the same PH team as in the past.  Expect the Rebels to shock the world.  Go Rebels!

Even though I think GW will win, you just never know how each team will respond.  PH has enough talent to win, especially if GW turns the ball over, commits penalties of passion (personal fouls) or just comes out flat. Not saying that they are going to do that but any team has potential to do those things. 

I am neutral on this game and hope that both teams play to their potential and no injuries occur.  Weather should be great this Friday.

I would love to see us shock the world, but so many things would have to happen for that to come true. We would have to find a consistent passing game. Our O line would really have to step up. Our LBs and DBs would have to make plays and tackle well. We have been very fortunate this year that we are pretty good but teams that we have won against are not. I hope all of these things happen. If they do then maybe we win.

Time to bring light to all of the rebel believers with some Real Talk.

1.) Rebels have not faced the level of competition that George Wythe will bring. Cupcake scheduling is over sweethearts.

2.) Speed. GW>PH

3.) George Wythe strong defense. They shut Honaker down to 3 Points!

I am extremely excited to watch this game. The rebels need to be humbled this Friday.

1.) Rebels have not faced the level of competition that George Wythe will bring. Cupcake scheduling is over sweethearts.

2.) Speed. GW>PH

I am extremely excited to watch this game. The rebels need to be humbled this Friday.

PH is a very solid football team.  George Wythe better not underestimate them.  They are well coached and play hard.  George Wythe is a solid team as well.  Should be a good game but to say "humbled", I wouldn't go that far.  

Mr Real Talk what Rebel fans has posted anything about PH being great? I have seen a few posts that was stated and the rebel fans commented but on one has come on here to brag. U just want to stir the pot. But let us look at your comments

1.Level of competition would definitely favor GW, they have always played a tough schedule and always fared well. PH schedule i thin is about the same as they have always played they have just beaten the teams this year.

2. I think PH has the speed advantage look to track season and talk to GW fans they are not the typical GW speed

3. GW defense is very strong will be interesting to see if PH can muster up any offense

GW is and should be the favorite but that is why they play the game.

2.) Speed. GW>PH

Listen, we have the best running back in the state. He is legitly division 1 talent. I see the rebels running all over the maroon defense. Rural Retreat is the only team that has overcome the rebels and it's because Dakota wasn't 100 percent. Our wide out is faster than any maroon you have. So, I'm going to lay it out there that Dixie will be playing much more than you can handle

Listen, we have the best running back in the state. He is legitly division 1 talent. I see the rebels running all over the maroon defense. Rural Retreat is the only team that has overcome the rebels and it's because Dakota wasn't 100 percent. Our wide out is faster than any maroon you have. So, I'm going to lay it out there that Dixie will be playing much more than you can handle

Best running back in the state? Have you not seen Harris from Galax or the running back from Graham? a 1 man show isnt good enough to beat GW, just ask Galax, imo they have the best 1A running back in the state.

I'm excited to see the Rowdy Rebels come out and get a win. Palmer is on Route to being the most winnest coach to walk through Patrick Henry and this Friday will mark one more win to the goal. Our running back is the best in the state and soon to be a future Hokie. He is bringing back the rebels from a troubled past and I believe he can bring back the Hokies from their troubled past. We have a good team but with our coaching staff and Dakota we are great!

Well lets think about this for a second and look at this with the eye test.

PH might very well beat up on the likes of Castlewood, Rye Cove, John Battle, and Twin Springs.  Now they jumped in the ring with Rural Retreat and you seen what happened.  Side note: WASNT PRETTY.

Now if they seem to think that those wins versus non powerhouse teams is preparing them for what they are about to expierence with the likes of GW.  Well thats just delusional.

They might've gotten better since they played their benifit game with the Falcons back in August.  But from what i seen at that game, PH has along way to go to be competitive.  I know it was a benifit game.  Basically a glorified scrimmage.  But Abingdon beat em like a drum on a rainy, sloppy field.

In closing I would say GW wins this one by halftime and gets playing time for their subs.  As for the comment about the best running back in the state?  I think there are some 1A backs that might have something to say about that.  Not to mention there is several 2A and 3A running backs that are probably better.  The kid from Graham is the real deal.  Probably the best running back I've seen in the past few years.

I'm excited to see the Rowdy Rebels come out and get a win. Palmer is on Route to being the most winnest coach to walk through Patrick Henry and this Friday will mark one more win to the goal. Our running back is the best in the state and soon to be a future Hokie. He is bringing back the rebels from a troubled past and I believe he can bring back the Hokies from their troubled past. We have a good team but with our coaching staff and Dakota we are great!

Wow. I'm a Rebel through and through but this kind of talk doesn't make Rebel fans sound very thoughtful. Humphrey is a good back but a D1 talent? The last D1 talent around here played at Richlands and he is at Marshall now. Go watch some of his film. I just think we need to be honest with ourselves and not pie in the sky. This is a winnable game for us. It will be an uphill battle but we will have be firing on all cylinders.

Well lets think about this for a second and look at this with the eye test.

PH might very well beat up on the likes of Castlewood, Rye Cove, John Battle, and Twin Springs. Now they jumped in the ring with Rural Retreat and you seen what happened. Side note: WASNT PRETTY.

Now if they seem to think that those wins versus non powerhouse teams is preparing them for what they are about to expierence with the likes of GW. Well thats just delusional.

They might've gotten better since they played their benifit game with the Falcons back in August. But from what i seen at that game, PH has along way to go to be competitive. I know it was a benifit game. Basically a glorified scrimmage. But Abingdon beat em like a drum on a rainy, sloppy field.

In closing I would say GW wins this one by halftime and gets playing time for their subs. As for the comment about the best running back in the state? I think there are some 1A backs that might have something to say about that. Not to mention there is several 2A and 3A running backs that are probably better. The kid from Graham is the real deal. Probably the best running back I've seen in the past few years.

Delusional? Please! If you didn't poach kids from us we would have played Dixie nonstop! Don't worry Falcons. Palmer is going to stop that. You won't steal anymore of our players

This Rebel team is the best team since 91. They have it all, solid line, solid skill players and solid coaching. Everyone is counting the rebels out but this isn't the George Wythe that won state. This is a weak George Wythe. I have seen them play and it's very one dimensional. They have a hard time throwing the ball. This Rebel team will surprise the masses tomorrow night. They will hit anyone that is in their way. You could put Gate City or Richlands across them and it's going to a physical match up.

This Rebel team is the best team since 91. They have it all, solid line, solid skill players and solid coaching. Everyone is counting the rebels out but this isn't the George Wythe that won state. This is a weak George Wythe. I have seen them play and it's very one dimensional. They have a hard time throwing the ball. This Rebel team will surprise the masses tomorrow night. They will hit anyone that is in their way. You could put Gate City or Richlands across them and it's going to a physical match up.

You're probably referring to the 1990 team with Rector and Forrester, but yes they were absolutely a great team. Finished 8-2 in the regular season and were Region C runners up.

Looking forward to making the trip tomorrow night. Should be a good one! Good luck!

Dixie, best team since '91? That's not saying much.

What youre doing without realizing it is diminishing all of the accomplishments that PH has made in the past couple of years. They have went from a doorstop to a team that can never be overlooked. By saying they are such a great team its going to make them look bad when/if they lose, like they weren't really any good at all. And the RB is very good from what I hear(although I haven't seen him myself) but your making him out to be something that he isint. There aren't many D1 players that come out of this area, not saying the kid cant but the chances are slim and saying that he will is just setting him up for failure. Have you even seen a D1 player in high school? They DOMINATE the game at the 1A level, not just look good, not just put up good numbers, they D O M I N A T E

loyal, all class as usual.