Mountain District Player of the Year

BigWinners

Who should get it?

I think its pretty clear that Noaks deserves the award. He has scored a rushing TD, a receiving TD, a defensive TD, and a return TD (2).

He has at least 500 yards receiving and rushing, and arguably the best defensive back in the district.

Mullins put up great numbers, but Noaks did it all.

Who should get it?

I think its pretty clear that Noaks deserves the award. He has scored a rushing TD, a receiving TD, a defensive TD, and a return TD (2).

He has at least 500 yards receiving and rushing, and arguably the best defensive back in the district.

Mullins put up great numbers, but Noaks did it all.

I think noaks is in the hunt an deserves it but I think Mullins will get it

It hurts Noaks because Union has about 6 or 8 great players around him that take some of the attention away from him, with Mullins everyone is really just talking and game planning with him in mind so it makes him stick out more.

That's true, with Gavin, Mitchell, Barnett, Bishop, Fannon and Spears all being weapons it takes away Noaks' stats, but he is such a great player that does it all, he is always the best player on the field in every game he has played in. He is All-State on offense and defense.

EVERYONE focuses on Mullins and he has still got it done.

For the most part. ;) Haha. Jk. The kid is good. And he's just a sophomore. So he's only gonna get better. The future is bright for Central.

Dalton Mullins hands down. Luke Owens should win Coach of the Year too. No reason for Central not to win both, literally a play away from going undefeated in the league after being picked near the bottom.

A play away? lol

You lost by a TD, and Union managed to get inside the WC three yard line three separate times and managed to play-call themselves into zero points. Kick three FGs, and its 23 points instead of 14.

And Wise scored late in the 4th quarter after hitting the one long pass and then converting for a TD. Without the last possession, Wise had roughly 50 yards of offense.

Union is undefeated FFS, defeated Richlands who smacked Wise around, and won the district. HE should be Coach of the Year, no doubts about it

I can see the argument for Noaks not getting POY because of Mullins' stats, but theres no way that Turner does not win COY. Wise had one conference loss in the worst year in the conference since its inception. To deny Turner the award would be a joke.

Turner has a ton more to work with, a team with everybody back, picked to win the distric and be a state contender. Handing him COY is like giving Bellicheck COY. Central lost Brooks, Stumpf,....etc and was picked occupy the cellar of the distric. Luke Owens COY and his QB POY. Nobody could gripe about either

Seen the Collier kid's stats, they are impressive!  I know Gate City did not have a good year but Collier has passed for over 1500 yards and rushed for close to 1200. He is responsible for 30 touchdowns.  (18 passing, 10 rushing, 1 interception and one punt return)  

A play away? lol

You lost by a TD, and Union managed to get inside the WC three yard line three separate times and managed to play-call themselves into zero points. Kick three FGs, and its 23 points instead of 14.

And Wise scored late in the 4th quarter after hitting the one long pass and then converting for a TD. Without the last possession, Wise had roughly 50 yards of offense.

Union is undefeated FFS, defeated Richlands who smacked Wise around, and won the district. HE should be Coach of the Year, no doubts about it

I can see the argument for Noaks not getting POY because of Mullins' stats, but theres no way that Turner does not win COY. Wise had one conference loss in the worst year in the conference since its inception. To deny Turner the award would be a joke.

I'm not a Central supporter, just call it like I see it.

Turner has a ton more to work with, a team with everybody back, picked to win the distric and be a state contender. Handing him COY is like giving Bellicheck COY. Central lost Brooks, Stumpf,....etc and was picked occupy the cellar of the distric. Luke Owens COY and his QB POY. Nobody could gripe about either

Youre crazy. If you go undefeated in the regular season and win your three HUGE OOC games, you deserve to be COY. Owens did have a great season, but he is no way no deserving than a guy who led his team to an undefeated regular season and possibly the #1 seed in 2A West.