Gretna

Unionguy_2017

I didn't really know what to expect from Gretna, but, for sure, I didn't expect what I saw. They were downright terrible. Had a couple of really big lineman, but got whipped all night long.

After those first three runs up the middle for 8-10 yards each I thought, "can't be this easy", but it was.

I couldn't believe a couple of defensive linemen were dancing before the snap after you guys came out running it down their throat. I counted 12 Gretna fans on the visitors side. We got cracked up when their cheerleading coach said that was a "rinky dink stadium"...lol

How good is the visitor's seating at Union? "

The biggest issue I had with the visitor seating besides  ( we needed more...lol )  is the hand rails.  For most teams they are more than enough.

My wife and I had to sit on the inside part of the stands next to the safety rails and they are right at eye sight level when you are sitting,  but of course we were standing for most of that game.  My wife really had a hard time seeing and she is fairly tall for a woman ( around 5'10" )  and I'm little over 6'1" ( and shrinking in my old age ...lol ).

I don't know if there is much you can do about it because the rails are there for your safety,  but we were sitting at around the 45 on the scoreboard side of the 50 and it was almost impossible to see the other end of the field when a team got inside the 15,  but I'm really nit picking here,  overall,  the stands are nice and I always enjoy going there to watch a game !

By the way,  anyone from Richlands that was there for our game that night,  does anybody know how the lady was that fell in the stands before the game started ?  I heard it was a elderly lady and the emt's had to take her to the hospital..........just wondering how she is ?  I worried about her that night .

How good is the visitor's seating at Union? "

The biggest issue I had with the visitor seating besides  ( we needed more...lol )  is the hand rails.  For most teams they are more than enough.

My wife and I had to sit on the inside part of the stands next to the safety rails and they are right at eye sight level when you are sitting,  but of course we were standing for most of that game.  My wife really had a hard time seeing and she is fairly tall for a woman ( around 5'10" )  and I'm little over 6'1" ( and shrinking in my old age ...lol ).

I don't know if there is much you can do about it because the rails are there for your safety,  but we were sitting at around the 45 on the scoreboard side of the 50 and it was almost impossible to see the other end of the field when a team got inside the 15,  but I'm really nit picking here,  overall,  the stands are nice and I always enjoy going there to watch a game !

By the way,  anyone from Richlands that was there for our game that night,  does anybody know how the lady was that fell in the stands before the game started ?  I heard it was a elderly lady and the emt's had to take her to the hospital..........just wondering how she is ?  I worried about her that night .

Well if Giles gets past Glenvar ill be traveling to Union if they beat Graham to watch them play. They travel really well so I was just curious if I needed to get there early before the Giles fans start rolling in

Well if Giles gets past Glenvar ill be traveling to Union if they beat Graham to watch them play. They travel really well so I was just curious if I needed to get there early before the Giles fans start rolling in

If you get there early, you can watch the "running of the Bears." Lol

How good is the visitor's seating at Union?

Bleachers are fairly new, and some of the best and largest visitor bleachers in the area. And really close to the field. Only Richlands, Gate City, and sometimes Lee fill them up. They are supposed to hold 1000 people.

Parking is a bigger issue than seating. Not that you can't find a parking space, just have to walk a little. Like Ryan mentioned, "the running of the Bears" is entertaining. There was around 400 people in line when the gates opened at 5. Some had been there since 2 pm.

Here's some pics and videos I found  to show you the fans and the stadium itself.

Pic of the ticket gate…There were 3 other gates open, 2 of which had significantly more people in line than this one.

https://twitter.com/Greg_BHCSports/status/665288833026625536

Running of the bears…

https://twitter.com/Greg_BHCSports/status/665289169653145600

https://twitter.com/16tmac/status/665289970089926662

Players arrival at field…

https://app.box.com/s/z74juqlwkrka1e1miuvwumefbe35t7hp

EDIT: the twitter video is best viewed full screen to actually see the people running. And the last video is 15 minutes before kickoff.

He almost had a block in the back on the lady in the stands...lol

From what I was told, the gate closest to the home bleachers (pass gate during regular season) featured a shoving match between two women over a perceived line "cut." We put the "fun" in "funatical"....and crazy too! Haha...