Giles vs Ridgeview

SWVAgridiron

And I could be wrong but the year Glenvar missed the playoffs at 9-1 I think Giles was 10-0 that year....I'm pretty sure it was a game between 2 9-0 teams that year in Pearisburg....I could be wrong without checking

I believe that was the year that Giles won state in 05, and they had 1 loss early in the season to I think William Cambell who went on to win state in D1.

Giles has this loud annoying horn and air whistle they blow all game. Bring ear plugs.

I wouldnt call it annoying. I enjoy hearing it at Giles games and I know that other opponents  enjoy it too. I really enjoy the entrance that Giles has. They start off with the siren to I guess warn people then the horn blows. The only teams that I know usually hate it are the ones that cant beat Giles

I hope that Ridgeview does put up a fight against Giles. Judging by their scores Giles hasn't had a tough game the past 3 weeks scoring 69,63,and 49. They will need to be challenged because after round 1 they will more than likely only face teams with a higher seed than them

For the fun of it and being a Ridgeview supporter I am going to declare a major upset in round 1. Ridgeview 20 -14 over Giles! I may be the only one to be this bold but I am going for it! Didn't John Battle beat Giles a few years ago in the playoffs? Maybe it will happen again!

For the fun of it and being a Ridgeview supporter I am going to declare a major upset in round 1. Ridgeview 20 -14 over Giles! I may be the only one to be this bold but I am going for it! Didn't John Battle beat Giles a few years ago in the playoffs? Maybe it will happen again!

It can very well happen...that's why they play the games

And yes John Battle beat Giles like a drum in 2012 but they were the #4 seed and Giles was #5 seed....so that wasn't a major upset....and they were better than us too....went to #1 fort chiswell the next week and beat them too....then had to travel to essex and got beat badly

It can very well happen...that's why they play the games

And yes John Battle beat Giles like a drum in 2012 but they were the #4 seed and Giles was #5 seed....so that wasn't a major upset....and they were better than us too....went to #1 fort chiswell the next week and beat them too....then had to travel to essex and got beat badly

I think that was the last time Giles has lost a Friday night game

I think that was the last time Giles has lost a Friday night game

You would be correct

We have been very lucky to have a group come through like we have the last 4-5 years....just wish some of our dumb fans would appriciate the job our coaches have done in the last few years instead of complaining every time we play bad or don't beat a team as bad as they think we should have

You would be correct

We have been very lucky to have a group come through like we have the last 4-5 years....just wish some of our dumb fans would appriciate the job our coaches have done in the last few years instead of complaining every time we play bad or don't beat a team as bad as they think we should have

I think y'all have some great coaches. It's hard to fill the shoes of Ragsdale but I think WIlliams and the bunch are doing great. I think Giles has a great JV coach as well. Don't know much about their 8th grade

I think y'all have some great coaches. It's hard to fill the shoes of Ragsdale but I think WIlliams and the bunch are doing great. I think Giles has a great JV coach as well. Don't know much about their 8th grade

I think williams and his staff have done a great job year after year....i won't comment on our JV or 8th grade coaching

I was at that Battle/Giles game. I thought it was gonna be a great game but Battle came out and put it on the Spartans! The Trojan DL held their ground and Giles couldnt get any push. Once the Offense stumbled it seemed like the Defense fell apart and the route was on.Battle was stronger up front than Giles and had a couple of players that were much faster, including their RB.

Some of the Giles fans may not appreciate what the coaching staff does but in DC we have a great respect for the Giles program(especially the Eastern part of the county). What Giles has is what every program wants to be

We just have some spoiled fans to be honest....I appreciate what the coaching staffs for both Ragsdale and Williams have done that's for sure....we have been a pretty consistant program over the years and that's all you can ask....and there are plenty of teams that would love to have 4 state titles....some have more than us but there are tons that don't have anywhere near 4

I was at that Battle/Giles game. I thought it was gonna be a great game but Battle came out and put it on the Spartans! The Trojan DL held their ground and Giles couldnt get any push. Once the Offense stumbled it seemed like the Defense fell apart and the route was on.Battle was stronger up front that Giles and had a couple of players that were much faster, including their RB.

Some of the Giles fans may not appreciate what the coaching staff does but in DC we have a great respect for the Giles program(especially the Eastern part of the county). What Giles has is what every program wants to be

I couldn't agree more with that

We just have some spoiled fans to be honest....I appreciate what the coaching staffs for both Ragsdale and Williams have done that's for sure....we have been a pretty consistant program over the years and that's all you can ask....and there are plenty of teams that would love to have 4 state titles....some have more than us but there are tons that don't have anywhere near 4

Giles has definitely done a great job over the past 5 seasons. Yall have only lost like like what 6 games since 2011??

Yes John Battle lined up and whipped our asses no doubt about it....they were the better team that night for sure

And yes I think we have 6 total losses since the 2011 season started...2 in 2011, 2 in 2012,zero in 2013,1 in 2014 and 1 this year

Wow that is impressive for sure. The coaching obviously isnt that bad so idk why your fans are complaining

Because as I said THEY ARE SPOILED....some actually think we should go 15-0 every single year which is just plain stupid.

There are a lot of good fans though for sure that knows the hard work these players and coaches put in basically year round

And the ones that really get under my skin are the ones in the stands during the game complaining about everything like "what a terrible play call.....we should run this....we should pass" blah blah blah but they are the first ones there patting coaches and players on the back after the game.....oh they really get to me

Because as I said THEY ARE SPOILED....some actually think we should go 15-0 every single year which is just plain stupid.

There are a lot of good fans though for sure that knows the hard work these players and coaches put in basically year round

And the ones that really get under my skin are the ones in the stands during the game complaining about everything like "what a terrible play call.....we should run this....we should pass" blah blah blah but they are the first ones there patting coaches and players on the back after the game.....oh they really get to me

I would tell them to get their degree, get a job teaching, then try out for a coaches job. Otherwise, they can sit in the bleachers, let the players play, coaches coach, and officials officiate.

So Giles has a winning record every year with a schedule that is far from easy, are legendary for the offense they run and every 10 years or so win a state title... yeah I'de be complaining too

now as far as dogging those grandstand coaches, well im as guilty of that as anyone