Glevar @ Union

BigWinners

Hell of a game. Glenvar has a fine ball club best line in state no buying it but were very good. Union will have to get out of taking a quarter break in games or the road is short. Hope 13 recovers from the chop block (intentional) in my opinion but that's the way it goes

The chop block was bad, really bad. That should be ejection-worthy, because its likely ended Barnett's season in football and basketball. Glenvar is a very good team, but the way they played was not the sportsmanship I would hope from a defending state champion.

The chop block was bad, really bad. That should be ejection-worthy, because its likely ended Barnett's season in football and basketball. Glenvar is a very good team, but the way they played was not the sportsmanship I would hope from a defending state champion.

Agree they lack sportsmanship. I witnessed many unsportsmanlike actions when Giles played them the first time.

Agree they lack sportsmanship. I witnessed many unsportsmanlike actions when Giles played them the first time.

It was petty stuff, nothing huge until the chop block, and I also thought the referees were awful buddy-buddy with the Glenvar kids while I witnessed with my own two eyes one of the officials grab Noaks around the neck after Noaks made the Cam Newton superman gesture towards the Union stands. He was not on the field or trying to show anyone up, but the official grabbed him around the neck. You don't grab high school kids like that. It was bad. Union never got the benefit of the doubt on any play, but there was not any egregious errors.

There was one call that I wasn't sure about. One that looked like a takeaway in favor of Union but they ruled him down. His knees may have gone down first. Don't know. But either way, the Bears won so why worry?

The only fumble I saw was the fumble that went out of bounds, so not sure which play you are talking about.

It would send me into cardiac arrest for me to see anyone score 30 points on Glenvar.

First one to 14 wins.

Heart OK? I know 28 ain't 30, but it's pretty close! ;)

Had they not got so conservative on that last drive I believe they could have scored because Glenvar didn't slow them down the whole game. I still can't believe they stopped the 2 pt try.

Use the height Bears use the height.

If you can hold Glenvar to 13, for the life of me I can't see them holding Union below 14 if Union spreads them out like they can.

They never did really. Very conservative play calling for Union. Just got some big plays out of what should have been short yardage plays.

I think Union's plan was death by 1000 papercuts......it worked!

It was petty stuff, nothing huge until the chop block, and I also thought the referees were awful buddy-buddy with the Glenvar kids while I witnessed with my own two eyes one of the officials grab Noaks around the neck after Noaks made the Cam Newton superman gesture towards the Union stands. He was not on the field or trying to show anyone up, but the official grabbed him around the neck. You don't grab high school kids like that. It was bad. Union never got the benefit of the doubt on any play, but there was not any egregious errors.

AGREE!!

Steve Honaker's crew...'nuff said..

Who made the tackle on the 2 pt conversion, thought it was Mitchell but I was on the other side of the field

Pretty sure it was OLB Hunter Dickenson, but could be wrong.

Union travels to Clarke County (about five and half hour drive) with the Richlands loss.

Union advances to their first state semifinal in school history and Alabama beats Auburn to win the SEC West and punch their ticket to Atlanta.

Derrick Henry sets Alabama record for single season rush yards (1,791 yards) and single season rush TDs (22).

Pretty good weekend for me! RTR and Go Bears!

Helluva game. Great crowd, we got there at 1:20 and wound up standing in the 2nd row at the fence.

* Thought Union should have been a little more aggressive at the end of the half. They had plenty of time, but showed no urgency. A score there might have put the game on ice. 

* Hope the Barker kid is ok. That was a nasty chop block. Sickening that a kid would do that to anther player.

* Travis Turner showed major cojones on the play call on 3rd & 5 to seal the game. The % says run something safe, punt, and make them drive a long way in a short period of time. Glenvar's kicking game looked shaky at best, so they probably needed a TD. Still, great call and execution by the Bears. 

Chop block was bad and i won't get into sportsmanship. I will get into class. Coach Clifton had to turn around and tell fans players and coaches to have some respect as Jake laid on the ground in tremendous pain. Hats of to you coach. I was standing in the corner of the end zone on Glenvar side of field when he did this and it got very quite.

Congratulations to Union. Glenvar just couldn't stop the pass. I Wish them well in the playoffs.I also like to congratulate my son #3 for Glenvar on a great high school football career.

Your son was the running back? He's a tough one. Mind if I ask how tall he is? He gives new meaning to running with your pads low.