Basketball!!!

futbolking

I have started watching more High School basketball the past few years and I am anticipating the upcoming season.... Bluefield and Graham both had success last year and it looks like both will field solid teams again this year.

Graham lost Hill and Hood (which is a considerable loss)..... but their JV was very good and they had a good bench last season....Key to me will be guard play.  Can somebody step up and play well at that position after they had outstanding guardplay for the past couple of years?????.... We'll see.... They need a big man, the freshman from last year was promising, anxious to see how this team looks.......  Let's go!!!

He is very athletic, but not much of a basketball player, from what I'm hearing.  His focus is entirely on football and it should be.  He has some D 1 schools interested.  I wouldn't risk injury on the basketball court, even if he could play it well.

• 2 weeks later...

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL SCORES 2015/16

Didn't want to start a thread for random basketball scores.... (FBking  covered it with the generic BB thread  :) )

#VHSL #PIAA Boys Hoops, Final: Eastside 62, Thomas Jefferson (Pa.) 46. Cusano with 32 points, 7 rebounds for Spartans. Via call-in. #HCBB

Bearcat Invite consolation games: Graham 70, Virginia High 50; Lee 63, Patrick Henry 44; Happy Valley 43, Marion 35. #HCBB #VHSL #TSSAA

great state

• 2 months later...

Mtn State Prep Hoops Retweeted

On the eve of another @wvssac Boys State Basketball Tournament, this video is always a good appetizer

'100 Years of WV High School Basketball '

#wvprepbb https://youtu.be/ovQKTkdhWtc

Following is the schedule for the TSSAA Boys Basketball Championships schedule beginning  Wed March 16, 2016

http://brackets.tssaa.org/scheduleSport.cfm?sport=basketball-boys

Bluefield in trouble in Charleston. Down 49-40 to Fairmont Senior going to the fourth quarter. Beavers led by 1 at halftime

Season over for Bluefield. Fall 63-50 to Fairmont Senior in AA quarterfinals

102.3 The Ticket â€@ESPNRadio1023 4h4 hours ago

Bluefield's Jeremy Thompson finished senior year averaging 17.2 ppg. Scored double figures in last 14 games, 20 of 23. Had 47 3s. #wvprepbb

Brian Woodson Retweeted

Final stats Bluefield vs.Fairmont Senior #wvprepbb

STATS:   https://twitter.com/ESPNRadio1023/status/710121911909552128

great state

WV Basketball Boys Preps..

At least Bluefield lost to the state champs. Fairmont Senior defeats Poca 55-37 to win Class AA state title.

Brian Woodson Retweeted

Poca's first loss to a state team since falling to Bluefield in the Class AA semifinals March 21, 2014 #wvprepbb

great state

TN Boys Basketball Championship Finals for 3-19-2016

http://brackets.tssa...basketball-boys

AAA Championship: Memphis East 64, Cordova 60 - FINAL

This is the 7th state basketball title for Memphis East

Class A Champ.: Mitchell 50, BookerTWashington 40 - FINAL - 3rd consecutive title for Mitchell

Class AA Championship: Fulton 59, Brainerd 50 - FINAL - Fulton wins their 3rd state title

• 2 months later...

Adkins had been replaced at Eastside though.  Damron took the boys job after the second year of Eastside existence I think and then Adkins was given the girls job I believe and Barry Ruff was brought in to replace him last year.  Sounds like he still had the itch to coach and Battle provided the opportunity.