Whitney Creech

swva_havok_fan

I know this is a southwest Virginia board, but felt this had to be shared for those that were unaware, and besides, Jenkins is as close to being in southwest Virginia without being in southwest Virginia.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/jenkins-creech-scores-71-to-become-states-all-time-leading-scorer

Ridgeview "held" her to 35 points in the UVA-Wise tournament.

edit:  To expand on this, the Lexington Herald Leader has a Creech watch tracker.  Ridgeview provided her second lowest point total of the season.  She scored 34 as her lowest.

Oh I forgot, short white people can't play basketball...

Fun fact, there's a freshman from Bell Co. KY on the roster that is listed at 6', I'd be willing to bet if we got out a tape measure she'd come up short. 

When you can score 71 points in a game, does it really matter what color she is?

Oh I forgot, short white people can't play basketball...

Fun fact, there's a freshman from Bell Co. KY on the roster that is listed at 6', I'd be willing to bet if we got out a tape measure she'd come up short.

When you can score 71 points in a game, does it really matter what color she is?

5 9, six foot is not, in reality, she played vs Ridgeview and was held to one of the lowest totals.

If I was guessing her outside shot is below average and she need to be taller and faster to play toward her strengths, which is slashing and dashing.

So my assessment of height is correct

D1 scouts get the big bucks for a reason

So because she's 3 inches shorter than someone at Kentucky she shouldn't be there? 

If you'd read the article, you'd know that here lowest point total this season is 34. A lot of girl's varsity TEAMS do not score 34 in a game. 

and finally, obviously she was noticed by Division 1 scouts seeing that Western Kentucky is in fact a Division 1 school. 

So because she's 3 inches shorter than someone at Kentucky she shouldn't be there? 

If you'd read the article, you'd know that here lowest point total this season is 34. A lot of girl's varsity TEAMS do not score 34 in a game. 

and finally, obviously she was noticed by Division 1 scouts seeing that Western Kentucky is in fact a Division 1 school. 

He's always right. You know that. I'm not sure how he isn't a scout yet. 

5 9, six foot is not, in reality, she played vs Ridgeview and was held to one of the lowest totals.

If I was guessing her outside shot is below average and she need to be taller and faster to play toward her strengths, which is slashing and dashing.

So my assessment of height is correct

D1 scouts get the big bucks for a reason

Let me list a bunch of things that have nothing to do with height to support my argument that it's height.

That's some Obama-level reasoning there.

I am happy for her, never said she wasn't d1 material. Just explained why she is not a high national high school recruit.

Same thing happened to Stuart Miller in 08-09 and he had a long range game. He was too small and too slow.

You can have your words back.

ILl leave this here

Apache Paschal Memorial-July 2015: Tough, competitive lead-guard with a scorer's mentality; mid-range game creator with "green light" attack; handles and passes with purpose in uptempo, court awareness; . (Olson)

Notes

led the nation in scoring (42.0 ppg) in 2014-15.

2nd-team USA-Today Kentucky All-State in 2015.

2nd-team AP All-State in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216284/whitney-creech

Just for the heck of it:

Here is a girl from Virginia to keep an eye on:

Samantha Brunell (Class of 2019).  William Monroe High (Freshman).  6'2", great range, all ACC schools hounding her plus UT, MD and UConn.  Have seen her in person 2X -- she is probably the fifth starter on our decent boys team.  Plays AAU on the Boo Williams Elite team. 

P.S.:  The ability to alter/edit is a great and powerful thing.  It should be used sparingly and cautiously.  In the wrong hands, it can be incredibly detrimental to the ideal of Freedom of Speech.  I get editing inappropriate posts for offensive/out-of-bounds content.  Just doing it because you can is not kosher.  As much as I like this site, if that happens to me, Ryan will get his wish 'cause I would be gone!

Just for the heck of it:

Here is a girl from Virginia to keep an eye on:

Samantha Brunell (Class of 2019). William Monroe High (Freshman). 6'2", great range, all ACC schools hounding her plus UT, MD and UConn. Have seen her in person 2X -- she is probably the fifth starter on our decent boys team. Plays AAU on the Boo Williams Elite team.

P.S.: The ability to alter/edit is a great and powerful thing. It should be used sparingly and cautiously. In the wrong hands, it can be incredibly detrimental to the ideal of Freedom of Speech. I get editing inappropriate posts for offensive/out-of-bounds content. Just doing it because you can is not kosher. As much as I like this site, if that happens to me, Ryan will get his wish 'cause I would be gone!

There I deleted all of the posts that stemmed from my comment. I was trying to have fun and play around with west12. Clearly no one aside UVAO saw that, so it's gone now. I didn't alter or edit his post. I left it exactly as it was. I quoted him and fixed it, anyone, even you, have the power to do that. I didn't "abuse" any power, but since it upset you guys I'll leave it be now that it's gone.

ILl leave this here

Apache Paschal Memorial-July 2015: Tough, competitive lead-guard with a scorer's mentality; mid-range game creator with "green light" attack; handles and passes with purpose in uptempo, court awareness; . (Olson)

Notes

led the nation in scoring (42.0 ppg) in 2014-15.

2nd-team USA-Today Kentucky All-State in 2015.

2nd-team AP All-State in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216284/whitney-creech

Thank you for solidifying my argument. 

I've been on this board for ten years and have never chosen to use the ignore feature on a poster. Congrats, West12aaa, you're the first. You have absolutely nothing of any interest to add to conversations that don't include Lee or TW, and you consistently show a hatred of the school I graduated from. Add that to the personal jabs you've taken at me over your time on this board, and I'm officially done with you. 

I've been on this board for ten years and have never chosen to use the ignore feature on a poster. Congrats, West12aaa, you're the first. You have absolutely nothing of any interest to add to conversations that don't include Lee or TW, and you consistently show a hatred of the school I graduated from. Add that to the personal jabs you've taken at me over your time on this board, and I'm officially done with you.

You are over reacting and hypocritical, you just said you were playing around, if you can dish it prepare to take it.

I supported said school thru the playoffs and begrudgely thought highly of them, As I told GMan I'll call a spade a spade, they were good and deserved credit.

What is sad is how this forum is extremely bias towards them and can not comprehend the opposite. Have I made jabs, every opportunity, am I over the top, probably, am I over the line, I don't think so.

As I've said in the past, use the forum, read what you want, post what you feel is pertaining to the convo or entertaining, and think nothing more.

I'll gladly send you a PM and tell you my personal name if you think I'm hiding behind a keyboard, I truly don't care what others think. I wish you the best of luck and hope your health improves, I'm rooting for you not your school. No sarcasm and I am serious

Edit :On a phone crappy spell check, add words were they are needed