Gate City vs Martinsville....

RiverRat24

MHS has it squared away already.  I can't speak for DR.  They do play the earlier game so they could possibly hit the road as soon as it's over and drive back again on Saturday.  Then again, DR is another 45 minutes further away from Wise than M'ville is, so staying over night is probably the best decision if they want to play well and have any legs under them on Saturday.

I thought both teams played really well tonight....showed alot of heart and effort. They refs sure as heck let them play the first half....good grief bodies were flying everywhere haha much rather see a game like that then 30-40 fouls being called.

Ive said it quite a bit this year.....GC plays to the level of their competition. Minus the 3 or 4 bad passes in a row in the 4th I thought they played extremely well. They got Holland in foul trouble and he sat for about 6 minutes in the 2nd period..... However GC didn't hardly score in those 6 minutes. Missed their opportunity to take advantage with him out of the game.

There was some bad sportsmanship at the end by a few players and things about got chippy. Actually thought a technical may get called which would have made things interesting. However, Holland jumped all over a few of his guys for what they was doing and sent them towards their side. He was the leadership of that team and showed some class.....at least I thought so.

Anyhow, on to the losers bracket and to Eastern VA next week. Good luck and safe travels to everyone going back to Wise tomorrow.