If Sullivan North and Sullivan South close

As a Union fan I am curious about one aspect of the possible Sullivan North and Sullivan South consolidation. Would some of their athletes look to cross the border and go to Gate City? And if so would that push their enrollment up enough to where they would be Class AAA? A few friends of mine in GC say that is a big topic of discussion because if that happens then Scott County should go ahead and consolidate anyway. These are a few remarks I have heard from our next door neighbors down the road in Scott County.

And my prediction for the Mountain District:

1. Gate City

2. Union

3. Wise Central

4. Ridgeview

5. Lee

6. John Battle

I feel from what I am hearing that GC is another year older and better. We lost too many athletes to win the MD this year. I did predict an undefeated season last year. I am thinking maybe two losses this year to GC and Richlands.

Consolidation in Scott County isnt a legit topic anytime very soon.  You would only have two real options to do it anyway.  One county school or Twin Springs possibly closes as their numbers drop and Nicklesville/Midway kids go to GC and Fort Blackmore/Dungannon kids go to RC.   I dont see either happening very soon.

I know that GC will receive at least three because my sister who lives in Rock Springs is moving her three, but the consolation isn't until 2019 at the earliest and the GC being 3A is just wishful thinking from a Union fan. I think as the population shifts that what GC gains will take the place of the families that have to move out. By the time this occurs the cutoff number may increase, who knows with the VHSL. I personally don't think that Scott County will ever consolidate because it is just to big geographically. A GC-RC combo is more doable than a GC-TS combo. I am for building a football field over at Midway somewhere for all three schools to use that would solve all the stadium issues at GC and give RC and TS a nice place to play.   

If twin springs closes, would castlewood bump up to 2a lol

Naw lol Even when St Paul closed Castlewood didn't go up that much and that was with a couple dozen Russell Co kids attending St Paul added in.

I know that GC will receive at least three because my sister who lives in Rock Springs is moving her three, but the consolation isn't until 2019 at the earliest and the GC being 3A is just wishful thinking from a Union fan. I think as the population shifts that what GC gains will take the place of the families that have to move out. By the time this occurs the cutoff number may increase, who knows with the VHSL. I personally don't think that Scott County will ever consolidate because it is just to big geographically. A GC-RC combo is more doable than a GC-TS combo. I am for building a football field over at Midway somewhere for all three schools to use that would solve all the stadium issues at GC and give RC and TS a nice place to play.   

The last place that was proposed to be built for GC sports to be played on, and RC/TS to use if needed for certain sports stands today as a nice little fenced up goose pooping pad.

The last place that was proposed to be built for GC sports to be played on, and RC/TS to use if needed for certain sports stands today as a nice little fenced up goose pooping pad.

That is the truth.

As clique as DB is I don't think they would welcome any new players from North, now South players at DB would probably work since both have basically the same attitude, except fro the city limits sign those two fan bases and players are identical.

Not sure GC will get any of those players.

Was told today that those kids would have to establish a residence in Scott County before they could come to GC and play sports. (I believe they could still come to school. Just not play sports.)

Apparently it hinges on where you first enter the 9th grade. If you start 9th grade in one of the Sullivan County schools, you can't then transfer to GC and play sports. If you start 9th grade at GC, you can attend school and play sports no matter where you live. 

I would expect maybe a handful from North and maybe one or two from South, my boss who lives at Eastern Star is sending his two sons ( BB players) to DB, he is moving them in January, both in middle school. I was told that the construction may not start now until middle of next year and would push the opening to 2020 or later.