Young man from Honaker

02GW12

Another kid from Honaker got hurt last night and is out. Never play football again. 3rd concussion. The thing with this kid is his heart. I wish half the team had his heart. If I can figure out how to copy his instagram post I will and you will see what I mean.

Here is what the other young man put on instsgram.

" Last night as we played Wythe, I suffered a concussion, I don't remember the play it happened on. I remember waking up sitting on the bench beside coach Fuller, and I had already finished the concussion test. I told him that the test didn't mean anything, because I have it memorized from previous concussions. I told him thay I have one, because I didn't remember anything. To this moment, I only remember one play of the game. The doctors have told me I can't play anymore. I'd like to thank my coaches for everything they've done, for Honaker fans for making the game fun, and my teammates for giving me someone to fight for, and for being my brothers. Lastly, give every play everything you have, because you don't know which is your last. I don't get to remember my last play, and I hope I gave it my all, so I didn't disappoint my team, community, and coaches."

He will be missed on the team!

That is an awesome statement, and shows what the game of football truly means to those of us that love it so much.

It also demonstrates its danger and unpredictable nature. My heart goes out to this young man, and I pray that his future doesn't hold any of the ill effects of these concussions.

Wow that is a powerful statement from a very brave and wise young man. As a former player like many of you I'd be proud to call him a teammate. He will be extremely missed but he will also have his brothers to carry him with them.

That's a nice statement by that young man and I want to wish him the best in what ever he chooses to do with the rest of his life !  I want to also wish the other young man the best and hope there are no serious damage to his knee !