Hurley "team" prayer

NewHampshireRed

A few weeks back someone called in to complain about the pre game prayer that Hurley's coaching staff and PA announcer has done for years with the team and fans. In response the school board took action to ban the coaches and PA announcer from the prayer.  The team has taken it upon themselves to take a prayer on midfield prior to kickoff, sadly without the coaching staff. Non the less, Enjoy (taken from the grundy game last night)

Scroll to the one min mark to get to the goods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGqo1qLi9w

A few weeks back someone called in to complain about the pre game prayer that Hurley's coaching staff and PA announcer has done for years with the team and fans. In response the school board took action to ban the coaches and PA announcer from the prayer.  The team has taken it upon themselves to take a prayer on midfield prior to kickoff, sadly without the coaching staff. Non the less, Enjoy (taken from the grundy game last night)

Scroll to the one min mark to get to the goods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGqo1qLi9w

​Loved the Christian Flag the ran out with as well....God cannot be defeated!

Sick of one or two people being able to control the majority, if they dont want to hear a prayer to keep these players safe and honer God they can stick their heads back up their butts until its over. What a crying shame we keep letting a few push the world around. Fight back Hurley. My wife and I first time ever being at your field from Cwood loved everything about what your little neck of the woods represented , awesome team support, the prayer the people such a great atmosphere, if I find out it was a Castlewood parent ill probably let them have it.

I have noticed over the years watching some Tazewell baseball games that the team will pray before the game and after the game they will ask the opposing team to join them around the mound for a word of encouragement and prayer. God allows these young mean to do what they love to do.

Some group of whackos have been sending out letters to School Boards requesting that teams stop having prayer before games.  They can't say anything about it, if the kids lead the prayer and it's not directed by coaches or other school officials.  Looks like these people could find something else to complain about.  

Good for those young men from Hurley,  I hope and pray that they don't let a few adults stop them.............this world needs all the prayers it can get from every source,  but especially from from our young people !! 

Wouldn't you just love to see the ACLU come to Hurley and tell those people that they CAN NOT have a pregame pray. Now that would be a ticket to really buy, better than an Alabama - Ohio State ticket.