Giles @ Appomattox

nrv_football

Saw film of Appomattox and DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

This will be the fastest team Giles has EVER faced....big time athletes....We will have to play perfectly to have a chance and that's if Appomattox plays bad....they are that good...whoever(if anyone) knocks them out of the playoffs my hats off to whoever that team will be....Hoping it's my Spartans but it's gonna be VERYYYYY tough.

But that's why they play the games I guess. Hope our kids have a great week of practice. And to the poster above we WON'T be intimidated I can promise you that. Our coaching staff will see to that. They are a better team than us but we aren't scared of anyone.

I just hope for an injury free well played game and of course a Spartans shocker win Friday night!!

Saw film of Appomattox and DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

This will be the fastest team Giles has EVER faced....big time athletes....We will have to play perfectly to have a chance and that's if Appomattox plays bad....they are that good...whoever(if anyone) knocks them out of the playoffs my hats off to whoever that team will be....Hoping it's my Spartans but it's gonna be VERYYYYY tough.

But that's why they play the games I guess. Hope our kids have a great week of practice. And to the poster above we WON'T be intimidated I can promise you that. Our coaching staff will see to that. They are a better team than us but we aren't scared of anyone.

I just hope for an injury free well played game and of course a Spartans shocker win Friday night!!

More speed than Graham?

Hokiebird is there anywhere online that I could find film on them?

There is a little bit of hilights out there on youtube from this season.  Hudl has some game hilights.  If you go to the team section and click on one of their players near the top, they usually have a game summary and that player that you click on was the player of the game...usually 2 or 3 minutes per clip.... That's about all I have found.  They look big and fast, hard to tell how fast on film....but they have plenty of speed.  The clips I have seen have been against some pretty lousy teams however, so hard to tell.  They looked good against Amherst, but Amherst left some points off the board in that one and was able to move the ball, too.  I guess we will see just how good they are this friday.  Good luck Spartans, hope you come back with a "w".

Their blowout wins are against a Buckingham team and Gretna team  that are pale comparisons of their former selves.  Chatham is not a good team....William Campbell and Nelson County are pretty weak as well.  Campbell is giving up about 40 points per game... Nelson is giving up around 52 per game..  Virginia High...well they have had flashes of being good, but mostly against weak teams (similar to Grundy)..  I'm not sold just yet.  If they handle Giles, then I'll be a believer.  I think Giles will be the most physical team they have faced all year long and will smack them in the mouth.  Appo may have more speed and win it, but I think it will be a dog fight.

The Dan River, Heritage and Rustburg games were all very competitive and close, these were good quality opponents, but Appo didn't blow them out, very competitive games.

I'm just going to throw this out there too... I know it's a 7 on 7 result and they don't mean much...but Graham beat Amherst pretty handily this summer in 7 on 7, so I'm not so sure that Amherst is any better of a team than Union, Graham, Giles or Richlands... As for Appo, They sure look the part on film... I'm just not drinking the kool aid just yet....

Come saturday morning... I may be sucking down a pitcher of Tropical punch.

Appo will definitely have the speed advantage and possibly the size advantage but despite not having the biggest line, Giles is very physical. Giles also plays fundamental football, and having a great coaching staff is the reason for that. They will need to do what they did to Graham, keep Appos offense off the field by eating up the clock. They can't stall out though like they did against Graham, Galax, and Glenvar. If they cross the 50, they gotta put it in the end zone especially if they take 8+ minutes off the clock. I think the coaches will have them ready. They might give Appo all they want or Appo might win by 20. Either way I'm proud of the success this team has had this season. Now go pull off the upset of the season Spartans!

I found a few highlight clips of Appo and.....wow.... I didn't think a team in 2A could compete with Graham as far as speed goes but I think Appo does have more overall team speed and they definitely have more quickness out of the backfield. Do the best you can Spartans, no matter what were always proud of you guys!

Appomattox definitely has the speed advantage but only in the past 3 years has Giles had any speed period. All year long Giles has been the slower team on the field but they used ball control and a good defense to win game. Up until 2013 that was the recipe for success at Giles. If they ball control and play good defense they have a chance.

If and only if Giles can keep the appomattox offense off the field they have a shot at an upset. Giles will need long sustained drives that eat up the clock and result in scores.

Couldn't agree more. Play keep away like they did against Graham but actually finish off fhe drives

Where have I said anything negative about this team all year long? You are making garbage up

I'm stating facts....Appomattox is better than us period....you must be a giles fan that thinks we should go 15-0 every year...or blame coaches when we lose like at glenvar last year

No. I'm a Giles fan that stands behind his team win or lose. I don't believe in admitting defeat until it has happened. I'm not going to say I believe Giles will win Friday but I'm going to be there cheering them on win or lose. I played for Giles and I can not remember ever going into a game scared or thinking we are going to lose. The kids deserve optimism not pessimism. Cheer for the kids and just let the cards fall where they may.