Question

Olebluedev

Well Bigrhsfan since you know the 2010 blues well and have a glimpse or 2 of Appomattox. Are they that good?

I haven't seen this year's version of Appo, but they are basically a year older version of last year's team that may be even better & faster, not sure about that since I haven't seen them this year myself but that's what I have been hearing.

It will take a special team and effort to beat them. No team is unbeatable, but they are well coached and full of speed and athletes and play hard. Everything you have probably heard and read about them. They deserve the accolades they are getting right now.

But of course as a Richlands fan I think we would have a chance against them. I just believe in coach Mance and his staff...... Plus I wouldn't be much of a fan if I didn't think we at least had a chance against them. But it will take a special effort.

But I am more concerned about SD right now and hope our players are too!

I haven't seen this year's version of Appo, but they are basically a year older version of last year's team that may be even better & faster, not sure about that since I haven't seen them this year myself but that's what I have been hearing.

It will take a special team and effort to beat them. No team is unbeatable, but they are well coached and full of speed and athletes and play hard. Everything you have probably heard and read about them. They deserve the accolades they are getting right now.

But of course as a Richlands fan I think we would have a chance against them. I just believe in coach Mance and his staff...... Plus I wouldn't be much of a fan if I didn't think we at least had a chance against them. But it will take a special effort.

But I am more concerned about SD right now and hope our players are too!

Not insinuating anything, BUT wasn't this also the case with 2013-2014 Giles? It seems to me like 2013 went undefeated, then was well on their way to a repeat before falling to eventual champ Glenvar. I'm not certain about Glenvar in 2015, but weren't they returning a large contingent before losing to Union? Regardless, Appomattox must be the favorite, but it's tough to repeat. Any given Friday or Saturday. ...

You are right about giles and glenvar both returning a good bit from title teams

This appomattox team is legit..but IMO the only team in the west that ever had any type of shot to beat them was Richlands and I still believe this....only reason I think they have a shot(small one at that) is because of their quick strike offense....would have to win a shootout IMO because I think they would have a hard time stopping appomattox

The best college football team in history couldn't beat the worst of NFL teams......ever!

Great college football programs have, at best, 10 NFL players on the entire roster. Every player on an NFL roster is an NFL player.

I agree. I do wish they would bring back the "All-Stars" vs the defending Superbowl Champions. Or something similar.