Graham-Bluefield thoughts?

futbolking

The game is tomorrow at the Armory. Should be a good one. Graham is without Morgan still..but are very aggressive and quick on defense and force a lot of turnovers. I give the Beavers the edge at home they have a couple if big men that may pose problems for Graham underneath and they come with a lot of pressure on defense. Thoughts?

Hard to beat the Beavers at the Armory. I look for a great back and forth game and then Beaver pulls away in the 4th period and win by 10. If Graham can look over the fact that they are playing Bluefield it could be a different story. Can't be intimidated by the name

I wouldn't be surprised if these 2 teams split home and away like last season...  If Bluefield wins by double figures, I would be surprised....but they seem to be clicking right now.

Guard play for Graham is excellent.  I'm impressed with the growth of Darren Martin especially.  Curto, Allen and Baker are all solid contributors.   Dalton does a great job underneath. They hustle and go after loose balls... Should be interesting.  Not sure if Morgan not being in the lineup makes much of a difference, they have guys that can hang out and shoot the three.  Not much of a step down from first to 2nd string.

I like the youngsters Dawson and Lester, they both look promising.  Lester is a very good defender and Dawson looks like he has some promise for offensive production in the future. Very scrappy group these G Men.

We'll see what happens in the rematch on 1/13.  Graham has some talent, but I thought where the deciding difference was with Graham not handling the press that allowed Bluefield the big lead early.  They battled back and forth most of the night in spurts, but Bluefield jumping out 13-2 set the tone and Graham couldn't consistently catch up.

• 2 weeks later...