Midseason Reviews: Nominees for the best coaching job so far.

HowTheWestWasWon2017

We are midseason right in basketball. I like this site. People give a lot of information and unique opinions. So here is my specialized question for this site?

Who in your opinion has done the best coaching job in basketball this year given the personnel and talent that they have to work with on their team?

I will have to think about this but I would gladly like to hear everyone's opinions on this.

Carlock-Graham......His father was a great coach at Graham for football and he seems to be following in his footsteps in how his father brought teams together and made them believe in themselves.

In all seriousness, I would vote for McAmis. He's done a great job molding a young squad while displaying great values both on and off the floor. TJ's team will play a game to make regionals this year and he's very young. Central is lucky to have a man like this leading the program.

^^ I can't even tell if your just rustling jimmies with that comment or not...

Scotty has alot of talent to work with so it's hard to justify what he's doing as being good coaching. I'm really not sure who would be considered the best coach in SWVA. I guess I'd have to go with Carlock if I had to choose. He seems to draw the best out of his players and they play with a ton of grit for him.

The coach for Norton always got those guys up for games against GC when they played and they always gave GC at least one tough game out of the two they played and usually did it with lesser talent. He knows what he's doing but I haven't really kept up with the coaches that much. Don't even remember the guys name.

Would definitely mention Battles coach as well. Castlewood and Twin Valley used to have really good coaches too....Not sure if they are the same coaches they had from the mid 2000s but those coaches were solid from what I remember.

I agree with goofoti32. John Odum has done a phenomenal job with Battle. They lost their top 3 scorers from last season & currently have the same record as last year at this point.... Not to mention his off-court health situation. It would be really easy for him to be distracted. These kids are really playing their hearts out for him.

The coach for Norton always got those guys up for games against GC when they played and they always gave GC at least one tough game out of the two they played and usually did it with lesser talent. He knows what he's doing but I haven't really kept up with the coaches that much. Don't even remember the guys name.

Would definitely mention Battles coach as well. Castlewood and Twin Valley used to have really good coaches too....Not sure if they are the same coaches they had from the mid 2000s but those coaches were solid from what I remember.

Nortons coach (Aaron Williams) is the former Castlewood coach you are referring to.  Stan Wilson retired quite a few years ago at Norton.

Nortons coach (Aaron Williams) is the former Castlewood coach you are referring to. Stan Wilson retired quite a few years ago at Norton.

They have a heck of a coach in Williams then! They had several really good teams during that mid to late 2000s time frame that were really well coached and fundamentally sound. They never beat themselves.

Not sure why their is so much animosity towards McAmis?

As for coaching, he's done an incredible job rebuilding the program. They're getting better and should be competitive for the next several years.

Lol surely you aren't serious