JMU Parking

swva_havok_fan

JMU has a TON of permitted and restricted areas, and their parking lot enforcers have an almost cult-like devotion to writing tickets for them. Be careful.

Sounds like VT. I pulled into a meter spot this morning and was sorting things into my book bag and a parking officer came and smacked my window and told me to get out of the car and pay the meter. I had been sitting there no longer than 2 or 3 minutes. It was clear I was going to pay, I was just getting my crap together. They make me so mad sometimes. 

Spent a weekend at UVA one night.

They are pretty quick to tow your vehicle if you park in front of a trash dumpster. It was dark. Was a long trip from Radford. Adult beverages might have been involved.

UVA's meter maids were, shall I say, lacking in intelligence.

I got 7 parking tickets in my time at UVA, and I got out of 4 of them because they either misprinted my license (2) or put the wrong date on the ticket (2).

Edit: I was probably hasty to disparage them all. May have been the same one all 4 times. But still, only a 43% success rate, not good, even by municipal standards.

UVA's meter maids were, shall I say, lacking in intelligence.

I got 7 parking tickets in my time at UVA, and I got out of 4 of them because they either misprinted my license (2) or put the wrong date on the ticket (2).

Did you get credit toward your degree on that?

I believe parking is free in the big lot adjacent to the Convocation Center.  However, there are a lot of lots in the immediate area which are permit only.  I will be over there Thursday and will check for sure. 

If any of you gomers are coming up Friday, me and my Big Bro plan on spending the day there watching basketball.  I am hoping for a Madison County/Richlands semi-final game and a Madison County/Gate City Final.  If that were to happen, since East Rock beat Madison once this year, I can take the VT tact of saying ER should be co-champ!

Sounds like VT. I pulled into a meter spot this morning and was sorting things into my book bag and a parking officer came and smacked my window and told me to get out of the car and pay the meter. I had been sitting there no longer than 2 or 3 minutes. It was clear I was going to pay, I was just getting my crap together. They make me so mad sometimes. 

Yeh, I racked up a shit-ton of parking tickets in my years at VT...I pretty much funded the paving of the student parking lot...