VHS @ Abingdon

Bearcat Dad

An intense rivalry between two baseball schools, spills over to the gridiron for one of SWVA's marquee matchups in week 7. I expect a hard fought game, with a ton of yards. I feel that the Cats are a tad bit forgotten by most in the area, which may be warranted with the fact that they still have the toughest part of their schedule still in front of them. I'm feeling that the Cats pull the upset in a back and forth game.

VHS - 31

Abingdon - 27

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

This has become quite the interesting match up. Abingdon's former offensive coordinator is at VHS.  It definitely appears that the Bearcats run the AHS offensive scheme from the past few years. This year AHS running a methodical ground and pound attack. Should be a good match up. 

AHS 29

VHS 17

It's definitely a clash of different offensive styles. When both teams execute in a game like this, they are generally fun to watch. Good luck to the Falcons.

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

I plan on being there.  :)

Good deal! If you're sitting on the visitor side, look for the guy shaped like a D-Tackle, with a very long Salt and Peppered beard, with a Bearcat Bucket hat, sitting up top around the 50 yd line. Come on over and say hello. I'd like to hear more about the Pack, than what little I can get with our local media.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Good deal! If you're sitting on the visitor side, look for the guy shaped like a D-Tackle, with a very long Salt and Peppered beard, with a Bearcat Bucket hat, sitting up top around the 50 yd line. Come on over and say hello. I'd like to hear more about the Pack, than what little I can get with our local media.

Good deal man.  Might have to do that.  Ha ha!  I think Heather at WCYB is finally coming around a little bit on Wolfpack Nation.  Other than that, yeah still not a lot of love.  Heck, even the Dickenson Star makes mistakes on a regular basis covering our events from what I hear, so when you can't even get love from your own local paper who covers you...

Even though I am from Dickenson County originally, I actually live in Bristol now, so other than one game on the Tennessee side which sounded appealing (Johnson County at Happy Valley), this is the only other intriguing game on the docket tomorrow night, and I have already seen Johnson County this year, so made this game a little easier to choose.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Good deal man.  Might have to do that.  Ha ha!  I think Heather at WCYB is finally coming around a little bit on Wolfpack Nation.  Other than that, yeah still not a lot of love.  Heck, even the Dickenson Star makes mistakes on a regular basis covering our events from what I hear, so when you can't even get love from your own local paper who covers you...

Even though I am from Dickenson County originally, I actually live in Bristol now, so other than one game on the Tennessee side which sounded appealing (Johnson County at Happy Valley), this is the only other intriguing game on the docket tomorrow night, and I have already seen Johnson County this year, so made this game a little easier to choose.

Heather has gotten better since she arrived. That is pretty bad about the Star, though! Lol

Hopefully this game will live up to what I think it will be. Hard fought, and close at the end. Here are some numbers about the last 18 games in this rivalry. Abingdon has won 3 in row....Screenshot_2017-10-05-12-38-31.thumb.png.12253ffc4b2558d1d3c2aec4a5deeea8.png

1 hour ago, Falcon Mania said:

Interesting.  I wasn't aware of how close it's been.  Good Stuff

This Fall marks the first ever season where VHS has their own "Bearcat Radio" where their FB games are broadcast live, and every Wednesday, they have "Bearcat Sports Chat" at Buffalo Wild Wings at The Falls. The Play-by-Play announcer is the "Voice of the BriBucs" for the radio broadcasts of the Bristol Pirates. He is a student at E&H and he is very thorough in his statistical research and radio calls. I borrowed this from his Twitter.

Just like I expected, a hard fought game that was close at the end. Hats off to Abingdon, they are very one dimensional on Offense, but that one dimension is very solid! If they are able to develop any kind of passing game, their offense would be extremely tough to defend. Bearcats hurt themselves with offensive penalties all night long, but got the drives when they needed them.

Good luck the rest of the way, Falcons!