Week 10 pod questions?

Ryan4VT

Also heard from good source that Mance is not retiring this year, be back with the Blues next year.  Richlands has a good shot at being the spoiler if they make the playoffs.  They may have Justus back at linebacker, and have their lineman healed up and playing.  All the loses to Regional teams were close and it is hard to beat a tough team twice in the same season.  If the offense can score points, they could beat anyone of the top tier teams, and I don't think Union, Graham, or Marion is hoping to play them again.  Union has had some injuries with key players who played against Richlands; Marion barely escaped with a win at home, and they took Graham to overtime.  Not saying Richlands would win, but they will be a tough out for any of the top tier teams.  If they make the playoffs it is going to be interesting.

3 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

From a subjective point of view, a healthy Richlands team is a team no one wants to see in the playoffs as a first round pull... maybe not even a 2nd round. They are not very good this year but I can about guarantee Graham/Union are hoping the math works out and they are a 6 seed. 

You have that right

18 hours ago, BigWinners said:

In that case, Richlands better hope something crazy happens and they get up to the #6 seed, I can't see them winning @Graham or @Union.

15 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

From a subjective point of view, a healthy Richlands team is a team no one wants to see in the playoffs as a first round pull... maybe not even a 2nd round. They are not very good this year but I can about guarantee Graham/Union are hoping the math works out and they are a 6 seed. 

12 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

You have that right

Since we'll most likely be that 3 seed... I would gladly accept a Richlands/Ridgeview matchup on the Ridge.  :)  I think I'd rather play Richlands than play Lee again at this point.  Without that 23 points (more or less) from our defense that game, we probably don't beat Lee.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Since we'll most likely be that 3 seed... I would gladly accept a Richlands/Ridgeview matchup on the Ridge.  :)  I think I'd rather play Richlands than play Lee again at this point.  Without that 23 points (more or less) from our defense that game, we probably don't beat Lee.

I would like to see that game

9 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You are probably the only guy in SWVA, Mullins included, who is wanting to see Mance in the play offs lol. 

16 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

You are probably the only guy in SWVA, Mullins included, who is wanting to see Mance in the play offs lol. 

Most likely so.  I still fear Lee more than I do Richlands at this point though.  I'm especially interested in what Lee can do with Abingdon next week in the final week.

Richlands' win-loss record will fool you if that's all you look at.  Played tough against some good teams, and in Regional games was only one or two plays away from a "W".   If the playoffs include RHS and all their players are back from injuries, they will be one tough out for any one who plays them.  Don't know that they will even win a playoff game, but with Mance and the playoff experience they have, whoever they play will have to be solid or go home defeated.  I just hope for the sake of the players they make the playoffs. They have really endured a tough road so far.