Top 3 players for week 1 in the SWD?

Bulldog05

I agree with hokie 1on this one.   Lester is gonna win the player of the week , maybe more than once this year.  Levi’s kick will be extremely hard to duplicate. Harris  ( Tazewell) will have big games and will get the award. Webb had right at  300 total yards , including return yards from kicks , punts , int returns . He will get it at some point.  Graham has a couple more that will bust a huge game .  We have witnessed 300 yard performances but personally I have never witnessed (in high school, college , or pro , a 59 yard kick , live .   That one will be hard to top. Not a slight at the others at all.  Lester is tough , and was a compliment to Allen last year,  and now is the face of the team. Harris from tazewell worked hard all off season and you can tell.   I like the athletes right now in the SWD.   Very good skill players ....

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

If you had to pick one player to start a team with for one year and you had to select from this board's coverage area you would pick Lester. Other players such as Sean Martin and Levi Forest are better at their individual skill but I'll start my team with Lester.

JJ David ain't a bad first pick either. He's excellent on both sides of the ball much like Devon. Devon had an incredible game defensively against Bluefield. Hard to carry 39 times and put up 400 yds of O with 263ish rushing, then go directly to the other side of the ball and make plays. But, I have no argument against Levi. For a kid to kick 59 and 53 in one game in High School is foolishness, insane, unequalled across the country, not just VA/WV. In short, it's Outstanding. I guess the debate based on what I'm reading here, does Player of the Week in the SWD mean most outstanding (Levi to me), or most valuable (Lester to me)?

1 hour ago, Sam I Am said:

If I remember correctly seems like Ridgeview has a pretty darn good Kicker as well!

Our kicker is actually new this year since the one who had been starting left the team last week.

He had an XP blocked and I believe he may have missed another one, can't remember.  But he is just a junior, I believe.  Knowing the young man and his family, I believe he will do just fine.  Just give him some time to adjust to the role.  :-)

8 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Our kicker is actually new this year since the one who had been starting left the team last week.

He had an XP blocked and I believe he may have missed another one, can't remember.  But he is just a junior, I believe.  Knowing the young man and his family, I believe he will do just fine.  Just give him some time to adjust to the role.  :-)

On a positive note he did put 2 into the endzone last week which it the best kickoff coverage you can get LOL

17 hours ago, Counts said:

On a positive note he did put 2 into the endzone last week which it the best kickoff coverage you can get LOL

True dat.  Lol.

I always remember the time when Haysi played Letcher Central in their first year of existence in 2005.  Letcher Central's only score came on a kickoff return.  Coach Colley told the kicker at the time, to kick it into the third row on the next kickoff.  And well, he did.  He was more willing to take the penalty for kicking it out of bounds than to kick off to them anymore.  😄

It’s nice to see Isaiah Justice get some media love for his 3 TD 100 yard receiving effort. Talented athlete who has received attention from several D-1 baseball programs as well as the Pittsburgh Pirates. Maybe he’ll garner some interest from some college football coaches as well