Tazewell @ Lebanon

bulldog05-CO2017

10 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Everyone knows when they go to Lebanon they give us a fight. One thing too, tazewell is hot headed. I still think the dawgs will come out by 21. Good luck to both teams for a safe and healthy game! Go dawgs!

The penalty factor will kick in as Lebanon has a history of causing tempers to flare down there for some reason.  Bottom line don't fall into a trap game and keep playing Bulldog football and victory should come!

I think Tazewell will win, but this is a game if Tazewell comes in after a big win and aren't ready to play they might get shocked. Lebanon has improved each week. This is not the same Lebanon team that has been going 1-9 or 2-8 the past few seasons. This is the best Lebanon team since probably 2015 and they were 4-6. Had the team got to play their full schedule of 10 gamea I would say they would go 6-4 or 5-5. Im predicting they go 3-3, and win a plus one game, and finish 4-3. They've  got some athletes who can hurt you. They have also been fairly clean penalty wise. If they can avoid costly turnovers then it,  could be closer than most would think. 

Tazewell 35

Lebanon 14

If Tazewell shows up and plays like they can. 

If Tazewell sleeps through it....im predicting a shocker....

Lebanon 28

Tazewell 24

Remember anything can happen. 

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

The penalty factor will kick in as Lebanon has a history of causing tempers to flare down there for some reason.  Bottom line don't fall into a trap game and keep playing Bulldog football and victory should come!

Does Lebanon cause tempers to flare or does it go both ways??? I'm going to say it goes both ways...its teenagers. I've seen Tazewell play cheap before too, not saying the Pioneers aren't guilty either. I know most of the team and all the coaches and that behavior isn't tolerated. Playing hot headed can hurt you. I will say the Pioneers have played clean for the most part as far as unsportsmanlike penalties so far. The turnover bug hurts them the most. 

Good luck to both teams, hopefully it's a clean game. 

1 hour ago, Pioneer said:

Does Lebanon cause tempers to flare or does it go both ways??? I'm going to say it goes both ways...its teenagers. I've seen Tazewell play cheap before too, not saying the Pioneers aren't guilty either. I know most of the team and all the coaches and that behavior isn't tolerated. Playing hot headed can hurt you. I will say the Pioneers have played clean for the most part as far as unsportsmanlike penalties so far. The turnover bug hurts them the most. 

Good luck to both teams, hopefully it's a clean game. 

Playing for pride sometimes brings out the best or worst.  For some reason it seems to be worse at Lebanon than it is for a home game against them.  Just what I have observed over the years.  The worst thing I can remember was several years back a Lebanon player taking a really cheap shot on our QB as he was kneeling to end the game.  Might have been around 2014.  Anyway the player took it knowing there wouldn't be a penalty as it was the last game of the season for them and no time left in the game.

I'm not saying this is Lebanon, just something that did happen in the past down there is all. I think if we all chimed in we can all think of an instance of every team in the area doing something that is well below what is expected of them.

Anyway I hope to see our penalties drastically cleaned up and a clean sharp game.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Playing for pride sometimes brings out the best or worst.  For some reason it seems to be worse at Lebanon than it is for a home game against them.  Just what I have observed over the years.  The worst thing I can remember was several years back a Lebanon player taking a really cheap shot on our QB as he was kneeling to end the game.  Might have been around 2014.  Anyway the player took it knowing there wouldn't be a penalty as it was the last game of the season for them and no time left in the game.

I'm not saying this is Lebanon, just something that did happen in the past down there is all. I think if we all chimed in we can all think of an instance of every team in the area doing something that is well below what is expected of them.

Anyway I hope to see our penalties drastically cleaned up and a clean sharp game.

2014 was before my time at Lebanon. Plays like that have no room in high school football. This might be the last time both teams play for a while, where Lebanon is moving to single A and the Hogo district.  

Good luck Friday night I hope Lebanon surprises everyone with a win,  but I am not counting on it. I hope they play tough and give Tazewell a tough game. 

6 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

2014 was before my time at Lebanon. Plays like that have no room in high school football. This might be the last time both teams play for a while, where Lebanon is moving to single A and the Hogo district.  

Good luck Friday night I hope Lebanon surprises everyone with a win,  but I am not counting on it. I hope they play tough and give Tazewell a tough game. 

Seems like that happened or almost happened several years ago when Lebanon dropped to single A.  Hate to see any long standing match ups end.

10 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Also for the record looks like that was probably 2006.  Knew it was a long time ago but things like that you don't forget them happening.

Agreed, no place for that in any level football.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Seems like that happened or almost happened several years ago when Lebanon dropped to single A.  Hate to see any long standing match ups end.

I agree, but Lebanon should benefit from dropping and should be more competitive in the Hogo. The only sport we struggle at is football, it will definitely help there. We should be near the top of the Hogo in every other sport. 

1 hour ago, Pioneer said:

I agree, but Lebanon should benefit from dropping and should be more competitive in the Hogo. The only sport we struggle at is football, it will definitely help there. We should be near the top of the Hogo in every other sport. 

The Hogo is not good at football right now. I would imagine that Lebanon would be the favorite to win the Hogo this year, and unless GW decides to come back, will be near the top for the foreseeable future.

Tazewell takes it easily,  no offense to Lebanon. The only caveat is if Tazewell doesn’t keep their heads in the game and become penalty ridden. That might shake it up a little.

People say one game at a time but you know the Dawgs (players at least) probably have one thing on their mind and that’s Graham next week. 

A game 2-3 yrs ago where Tazewell is in a close one with Lebanon and close because a couple of athletes were hurt and an injury or two, etc. This yrs Tazewell team is legit up front, on the line of scrimmage, and they don't have to out athlete a Lebanon for a win. They can dominate the line of scrimmage and overcome a turnover or lackluster athlete type game and win by gashing an opponent off tackle. Tazewell's improvement is remarkable and the Bulldogs are good enough to actually win a state title. I favor Graham in a close one, but Tazewell has the athletes with the line play to give Graham and Central fits and make it a very close game. If Tazewell's players gets it in their heads that they are not just improved, better, back, or competitive, but actually believes their talent is as good or better, they might represent Region D.