Any teams available to play Oct. 29th

SWVAgridiron

Nothing set in stone yet but the Giles/Auburn game likely will not happen on the 29th since they haven’t had enough players to field a team the last few weeks. Anyone know of any schools that had to cancel a game that would be able to play on the 29th if it’s there open week? Just looking ahead to see the possibilities. With tomorrow’s game not counting towards points since it’s a private school I’d say only counting 8 games could really hurt the Spartans in points. 

# of games doesn't matter.

Lebanon & Eastside are both open that night... and both have make-up games on  Tues. the 26th.

Don't know if they'll have room, though. Doesn't look like they will.

Only 'good' open I have right now is Warren County, up near Winchester at Front Royal.

I don't think Auburn is dealing with injuries, I think its more of dedication issues.  Some weeks kids feel like playing other weeks they do not.  I would say after taking a tail whipping tonight vs Grayson it'll be hard to get them back for next week; which is against Bland (So maybe; no offense to Bland).  However, then the schedule is Giles, Galax, and George Wythe; wouldn't be surprised to see them play ZERO of those games. 

53 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

I don't think Auburn is dealing with injuries, I think its more of dedication issues.  Some weeks kids feel like playing other weeks they do not.  I would say after taking a tail whipping tonight vs Grayson it'll be hard to get them back for next week; which is against Bland (So maybe; no offense to Bland).  However, then the schedule is Giles, Galax, and George Wythe; wouldn't be surprised to see them play ZERO of those games. 

Auburn had several injuries early in the season to upperclassmen. With a season beginning roster of only 20 kids, 13 of which are freshmen and sophomores, losing anyone means the season is in jeopardy. I agree with the assessment that they probably won't play a game after Bland. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Auburn had several injuries early in the season to upperclassmen. With a season beginning roster of only 20 kids, 13 of which are freshmen and sophomores, losing anyone means the season is in jeopardy. I agree with the assessment that they probably won't play a game after Bland. 

Yea it’s sad. Last I heard they only had 15 total with a few of those 15 injured.

54 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

Are they under covid? Heard they cancelled Hurley game this week because they were covid restricted 

Hurley had too many kids out in quarantine to have enough to play.

13 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Nothing set in stone yet but the Giles/Auburn game likely will not happen on the 29th since they haven’t had enough players to field a team the last few weeks. Anyone know of any schools that had to cancel a game that would be able to play on the 29th if it’s there open week? Just looking ahead to see the possibilities. With tomorrow’s game not counting towards points since it’s a private school I’d say only counting 8 games could really hurt the Spartans in points. 

Giles looks to be in pretty good shape for #2 seed in region. Only way to move up is to run the table, which would include a final game win against Glenvar, or another Galax loss. I don't see either of those happening. Taking a forfeit from Auburn would be better than playing a big school and taking a loss. Plus another week of to try to get/stay healthy for the playoffs