Official Fall 2021 1st round Pairings

VHSLhelper

1 hour ago, ghs73 said:

A poster made a comment was told it was dumb given 5 days time out I defended him one word censorship  got basically told it could be made to happen.  I made a long post it the topic defending myself.the topic was removed to where I cannot see it if it is still up. No politics just defending a person's right to say what he thinks without fear of being put down or punishment for defending himself. I never attack children of anyone here or anywhere nor there family.

I wasn't insinuating you did, my point was I've been a pretty big loudmouth and haven't refrained from differing from the guys who run the site, and they haven't banned me yet bc that's my policy and it seems to be in line with how they usually handle it. 

I still am lost to which thread, which comment and who got a time out. I'm certainly critical of the guys who run the board at times but at no point was I ever under any illusions that they couldn't or shouldn't ban anyone according to whatever criteria they decide. They pay the hosting fees, they run the board, etc...so they get to decide. A person can still say whatever they want but the forum absolutely has the ability to decide what they want on here. We choose to post here so we gotta play by their rules. If they make egregious decisions that totally crush the forums spirit, someone can build a new forum or we can go to Preps. 

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I wasn't insinuating you did, my point was I've been a pretty big loudmouth and haven't refrained from differing from the guys who run the site, and they haven't banned me yet bc that's my policy and it seems to be in line with how they usually handle it. 

I still am lost to which thread, which comment and who got a time out. I'm certainly critical of the guys who run the board at times but at no point was I ever under any illusions that they couldn't or shouldn't ban anyone according to whatever criteria they decide. They pay the hosting fees, they run the board, etc...so they get to decide. A person can still say whatever they want but the forum absolutely has the ability to decide what they want on here. We choose to post here so we gotta play by their rules. If they make egregious decisions that totally crush the forums spirit, someone can build a new forum or we can go to Preps. 

The thread was what should be the poster was one1 I think he made a comment about the playoffs and how he thought a way to fix it would be a good idea. Well one person not mentioned called him and his idea stupid and put him in time out for 5 days I made a one word comment censorship and got threatened that he could make it happen if I wanted it to.well I made a very long post in the thread defending myself and the other person against bullying by him because at my age I do not scare to easy.as i said before. I do not know him personally or anything about him. Have always respected him.  But again. Will not be pushed around.

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

As a mod.if you disagree with what a person says debate about it you do not put them in time out to shut them up that is not following the rules you set.

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Thread was deleted because someone higher up lol didn't agree with it so they deleted it entirely

12 hours ago, ghs73 said:

The thread was what should be the poster was one1 I think he made a comment about the playoffs and how he thought a way to fix it would be a good idea. Well one person not mentioned called him and his idea stupid and put him in time out for 5 days I made a one word comment censorship and got threatened that he could make it happen if I wanted it to.well I made a very long post in the thread defending myself and the other person against bullying by him because at my age I do not scare to easy.as i said before. I do not know him personally or anything about him. Have always respected him.  But again. Will not be pushed around.

If I was invited to your house, and I made a comment critical of the host, I’d be asked to leave.  GMan pays the freight on this website, which essentially makes it his house.  You were critical of how he ran his house, and he told you that it wasn’t wise to do that.  He’s much tamer than he used to be.  15 years ago, he’d have followed through on it.

All in all, it’s not a huge deal.  Just let it go…

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

If I was invited to your house, and I made a comment critical of the host, I’d be asked to leave.  GMan pays the freight on this website, which essentially makes it his house.  You were critical of how he ran his house, and he told you that it wasn’t wise to do that.  He’s much tamer than he used to be.  15 years ago, he’d have followed through on it.

But this comment wasn't said as  critical...just his opinion...is it bad to have an opinion these days

On 11/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, GilesDavis4321 said:

2A points for playing 1A schools is the reason Lee High is coming to Bluefield. The system was designed to account for strength of schedule and LACK of strength  of schedule. What would a normal Washington DC copycat passifist appeasing tool do at the VHSL? They simply work in a formula to counteract the same formula in use!!!!  

The problem is the mindset that ALL THINGS must be perfectly fair, and with bureaucracy,  all things can be fair, and the truth is, all things can NEVER be perfectly fair.  So, Abingdon has to travel a bit more East to play more 3A schools, whoopty do. Life goes on. People and teams bitc# and moan about inequality  when they could be setting the standard and putting the work in on how to overcome it, and be an example on how to deal with it and conquer it. The tools can never quite understand that by adding layers of equality to make things equal, MORE inequality is created. 

Look at Appo. Glenvar has had that 1 seed down there a couple times if I recall. Appo worries about APPO getting better and being good, not about a possible trip to Glenvar when Appo is clearly the most deserving team. They know that with hard work and working on self, they overcome the possible Glenvar travel thing. This is just one of hundreds of examples on the right way to overcome what is often situations that aren't always perfectly fair. 

Lee High played Rye Cove and East Montgomery. Gate City played Richlands and Radford.  In an attempt to make all of the above "equal," inequality was made WORSE than any inequality that first existed.

🧂

2A points for playing 1A schools is the reason Lee High is coming to Bluefield. The system was designed to account for strength of schedule and LACK of strength  of schedule. What would a normal Washington DC copycat passifist appeasing tool do at the VHSL? They simply work in a formula to counteract the same formula in use!!!!  

The problem is the mindset that ALL THINGS must be perfectly fair, and with bureaucracy,  all things can be fair, and the truth is, all things can NEVER be perfectly fair.  So, Abingdon has to travel a bit more East to play more 3A schools, whoopty do. Life goes on. People and teams bitc# and moan about inequality  when they could be setting the standard and putting the work in on how to overcome it, and be an example on how to deal with it and conquer it. The tools can never quite understand that by adding layers of equality to make things equal, MORE inequality is created. 

Look at Appo. Glenvar has had that 1 seed down there a couple times if I recall. Appo worries about APPO getting better and being good, not about a possible trip to Glenvar when Appo is clearly the most deserving team. They know that with hard work and working on self, they overcome the possible Glenvar travel thing. This is just one of hundreds of examples on the right way to overcome what is often situations that aren't always perfectly fair. 

Lee High played Rye Cove and East Montgomery. Gate City played Richlands and Radford.  In an attempt to make all of the above "equal," inequality was made WORSE than any inequality that first existed.

Yep. Always with the best of intentions. I can attest to this with 21 years of experience of working at the Social Security Administration. Every time they passed legislation to put a finger on one perceived hole they created a real hole.

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

No not in my house we would discuss the comment and get to the reason why I would never ask anyone to leave that is rude