Giles vs Parry McCluer

BandanaVTDavis4321

54 minutes ago, Giles hokie53 said:

I looked at their schedule and it's not that tuff but Giles better be ready to tackle. My son said this has been their best week of pratice this season

A good week of practice is key. I’d love to see Giles play for 4 quarters because we have not done that yet this season. If we can play 4 quarters we’ll win by at least 14 points 

23 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

A good week of practice is key. I’d love to see Giles play for 4 quarters because we have not done that yet this season. If we can play 4 quarters we’ll win by at least 14 points 

Agree...if I had to guess I think we'll win...this team has really overachieved IMO...players and coaches have done a great job.

We are where we need to be (D1)...we simply don't have the numbers to compete with the Graham's, Appomattox"s and glenvar's anymore

29 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Should have lost to GW! If they don’t fumble on the 4 and then have questionable play calling inside the 10 on three drives. They win going away. 

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree...if I had to guess I think we'll win...this team has really overachieved IMO...players and coaches have done a great job.

We are where we need to be (D1)...we simply don't have the numbers to compete with the Graham's, Appomattox"s and glenvar's anymore

No matter what happens Friday I’m proud of what this young team has achieved this season. Before the season started I told everyone that we would be lucky to finish 5-5 despite dropping to 1A. Losses to the top team in 1C and 2C I can live with. Really looking forward for the seasons to come as I can see Giles being a legit contender for a title.

5 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I don't know who wins but I guarantee you we are by far the best team they play since the winning streak started

16 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

Should have lost to GW! If they don’t fumble on the 4 and then have questionable play calling inside the 10 on three drives. They win going away. 

We had six out my son a starter didn't even make the trip to GW. Not saying they couldn't have beat us but every close game this year Giles has found a way to win. They are a better team for playing those close games. Giles always gets everyone's best just because well it's Giles. This team is close they play hard and they don't want to let each other down sometimes that's better than having the best athletes

Edited by Giles hokie53
Spelling

10 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

They GW had one the best athletes in the swva out so u have that. Every is missing someone one and six starters? Hmm were they out vs Grayson or Galax? 

From my understanding they were missing several starters against Galax and were at full strength at Grayson 

10 minutes ago, Giles hokie53 said:

We had six out my son a starter didn't even make the trip to GW. Not saying they couldn't have beat us but every close game this year Giles has found a way to win. They are a better team for playing those close games. Giles always gets everyone's best just because we'll it's Giles. This team is close they play hard and they don't want to let each other down sometimes that's better than having the best athletes

The noticeable thing that stands out for me from game 1 to present is the line play.  Incredible improvement on both the defensive and offensive lines.  I think if we have our kids against George Wythe healthy, we win by 17 points, either way, I'll take the win without 6 starters.  I think GW has scored about 163 points in 8 games.  Scoring just over 20 points a game in High School ball in 2021 begs for mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

The noticeable thing that stands out for me from game 1 to present is the line play.  Incredible improvement on both the defensive and offensive lines.  I think if we have our kids against George Wythe healthy, we win by 17 points.  I think GW has scored about 163 points in 8 games.  Scoring just over 20 points a game in High School ball in 2021 begs for mediocrity.

Agreed. It's crazy people on here get mad for stating facts. I have watched over 50 percent of Giles practices and never miss a game. My son 53 Hunter Moser is a starter so I know if a player has a runny nose and someone wanna tell me to get off this page because my facts don't make him happy. Giles will be fine and our line has gotten better every week

8 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

From my understanding they were missing several starters against Galax and were at full strength at Grayson 

I still cannot grasp that Grayson game. I feel like had we played again Giles wins by 21+.  I know it was a big night for them getting to host they’re first home game in 2 years I believe is what the announcer said and they turned out a huge crowd. 

Just now, Giles hokie53 said:

Agreed. It's crazy people on here get mad for stating facts. I have watched over 50 percent of Giles practices and never miss a game. My son 53 Hunter Moser is a starter so I know if a player has a runny nose and someone wanna tell me to get off this page because my facts don't make him happy. Giles will be fine and our line has gotten better every week

I had no idea you were Hunter's dad....tic.  I know you and your son is another one from week one, just seemed like they are playing "stronger."  I know that's a weird description, but it just seems pretty obvious they've literally.....as in literally gained muscle weight or strength or something.  We no longer lose 2 out of 5 or sometimes 3 out of 5 matchups from tackle to tackle.  That's turned.  That's a good sign of maturity and I'm sure it's improved technique which helps, but a bunch of it is just kids getting physically stronger, which usually happens in spring and summer, not so much during the season.

4 minutes ago, Giles hokie53 said:

I don’t think anyone told you to get off the page. My comment was towards the Dobb fellow that has probably only watched one high school game this season

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

I still cannot grasp that Grayson game. I feel like had we played again Giles wins by 21+.  I know it was a big night for them getting to host they’re first home game in 2 years I believe is what the announcer said and they turned out a huge crowd. 

Grayson was ready they played great that night. First game home and they was fired up. I can't explain it either. Hunter said their line was firing off and playing very hard.

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I don’t think anyone told you to get off the page. My comment was towards the Dobb fellow that has probably only watched one high school game this season

My bad I'm new on here . But I think week 1 our kids listened To all the 3 and 7 4 and 6 talk and believed it till they proved it to themselves. I really hope we get to play Galax full strength. We might lose but we might not

4 minutes ago, Giles hokie53 said:

Grayson was ready they played great that night. First game home and they was fired up. I can't explain it either. Hunter said their line was firing off and playing very hard.

The thing with Giles is we’re going to get every teams best. I truly feel like some teams would be satisfied going 1-9 as long as that 1 was against Giles due to the history of our program. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

The thing with Giles is we’re going to get every teams best. I truly feel like some teams would be satisfied going 1-9 as long as that 1 was against Giles due to the history of our program. 

I said the same thing. Giles has ruined so many teams seasons over the years they hate us. 4 state championships don't make you alot of friends either