Giles vs Parry McCluer

BandanaVTDavis4321

If the Spartans win over Parry McCluer, we advance to the third round of the playoffs (a region title game) for the first time, I think.....since 2014.   A certain website says we lose 27-24.  I think the website is wrong and we win by 7 points.  One thing that helps me be a little confident.  James River beat Parry McCluer 23-8 at Parry McCluer early in the year, and we beat James River.  The Parry McCluer loss to James River was early in the season though, and Parry McCluer has improved.   I'm just hoping for no funny business in Giles in the area of flags.  We like to run it, and going up  against a historical powerhouse program that hasn't had the success they clearly want since the late 80's and early 90's, those boys are going to be sky high, as will their fans.  I'm just hoping for a solid officiating crew that doesn't get caught up in the emotion of the game.  

Parry McCluer started out 0-3, then ran off 7 in a row.  They have some scores that kind of......are flat out weird to me.  They beat Madison County 30-8, and Madison County crushed Luray.  They've blown out Narrows twice.  It's kind of hard for me to gauge Parry McCluer.  What's a little concerning to me is that their run defense is actually pretty dang good.  Their passing defense is horrible. We don't throw it.  I think this game comes down to us (Giles) minimizing 1st or 2nd down holding calls that could cripple our drives.  Going on the road, you can't start out drives with 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15.  If we minimize holding calls which can be drive killers, I think we win.

I’m concerned about this game. At the EMont game all people kept talking about was how PM plays a weak schedule and while that may be true, they’ve won them games convincingly. And them being on a 8-game winning streak is dangerous. The battle at the LOS is gonna be huge in this game. Both teams just like to pound it up the middle and both teams have a pretty good run defense. I see Giles getting a couple quick scores before PM adjust to the single wing. I’m taking the Spartans 21-14.

28 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

If the Spartans win over Parry McCluer, we advance to the third round of the playoffs (a region title game) for the first time, I think.....since 2014.   A certain website says we lose 27-24.  I think the website is wrong and we win by 7 points.  One thing that helps me be a little confident.  James River beat Parry McCluer 23-8 at Parry McCluer early in the year, and we beat James River.  The Parry McCluer loss to James River was early in the season though, and Parry McCluer has improved.   I'm just hoping for no funny business in Buena Vista in the area of flags.  We like to run it, and going up there against a historical powerhouse program that hasn't had the success they clearly want since the late 80's and early 90's, those boys are going to be sky high, as will their fans.  I'm just hoping for a solid officiating crew that doesn't get caught up in the emotion of the game.  

Parry McCluer started out 0-3, then ran off 7 in a row.  They have some scores that kind of......are flat out weird to me.  They beat Madison County 30-8, and Madison County crushed Luray.  They've blown out Narrows twice.  It's kind of hard for me to gauge Parry McCluer.  What's a little concerning to me is that their run defense is actually pretty dang good.  Their passing defense is horrible. We don't throw it.  I think this game comes down to us (Giles) minimizing 1st or 2nd down holding calls that could cripple our drives.  Going on the road, you can't start out drives with 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15.  If we minimize holding calls which can be drive killers, I think we win.

Dude WE are home this week....sheesh

From the game highlights I’ve seen looks like PM has A very Big RB and like to power everyone. If these two haven’t played in a long time it will benefit Giles as it takes a bit to settle down against the wing, and if Giles gets a couple quick scores it will be huge