Richlands Coach

Tru Blue 72

At the departure of Wells last year or shortly thereafter, it was stated that Tarter would be the coach.  A little later it was also stated that Tarter would be HC for one year and then a new coach would be onboard.  Now rumors, being rumors, are going around that Tarter will be HC for at least 5 years.  Does anyone know if Richlands will have a new HC or will Tarter continue in that position?  I know it's a little early to bring it up, but just curious about the situation.

He did say this after the playoff game with Ridgeview(BHC)...

The game was the third between the two schools in just a little over seven months.

Ridgeview won all three with two of them going down to the wire.

“I was leaving after the first one. But I will be back next year,” Richlands coach Jeff Tarter said.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

He did say this after the playoff game with Ridgeview(BHC)...

The game was the third between the two schools in just a little over seven months.

Ridgeview won all three with two of them going down to the wire.

“I was leaving after the first one. But I will be back next year,” Richlands coach Jeff Tarter said.

I've heard others say the same thing, and it would be good for the kids to have him back.  IMO there needs to be some changes in those around him, as in assistants, but Tarter is well repected and a good motivator for the program.  I think a lot of the Richlands fans have gotten spoiled over the years with their winning record, my self included, but I also understand that being a ture fan means sticking with the team through the lean years as well as the good years.  I think the program for the next few years will be competetive, but as talent seems to travel in cycles, it may be a while before we see a team in Richlands like those during the Mance years.  High School football is just fun to watch, and I came to the conclusion a long time ago that winning is good, but its not everything.  So I guess us Blues fans will just have to wait until next year to see what truly happens and if any of the rumors have any clout to them.